Most of the media viewers and organizers have gotten fat and sloppy. We've been trying to use Bridge, but it's as bad as Adobe -- like a big fat person sitting on the sofa eating chocolates! Not Corduroy Code and their new Fileloupe 1.0 for Mac OS X. Fileloupe combines the features of a photo viewer, video player and document browser into a single, exceptionally fast application. July 15, 2015
OCTOBER Welcome to the 20th Annual Fall Fonts Festival! Discover new fonts, typography, lettering, calligraphy, typographics, logos and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
OCTOBER is brought to you by "the color PUMPKIN"
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE Ampersands Poster
See our FREE Helvetica Love Poster
This will be great fun -- looking at political logos, and a state logo, plus an opinionated artist, a promo for a nonprofit, and lots more to get your creative juices flowing. If you find some creative inspiration, send it along and share whith all our readers!
- Reading through the eyes of a dyslexic: New font simulates frustration
- New TN logo named 'Pork of the Year' by Beacon Center
- The 2016 U.S. presidential candidates' logos, ranked
- The Star Wars poster is ultimately a piece of shit
- Creative Ways to Promote Your Association
- Bikes become Art - Not a Paper House
Have a great time . . . July 14, 2015
The last time we mentioned Posterino was in 2009, but this latest upgrade is really worth of your attention! You get beautiful photo collages produced by simple mouse clicks! July 14, 2015
So here we go into summer's creative jam and designers' vacation! Get creative inspiration from your summer activities -- here are some starters to get your creative juices flowing :
- First look: two new digital magazines make unusual screenshot and icon choices
- Positive computing: technology for wellbeing and human potential
- 15 Practical Design Tweaks For Your Website In 2015
- 7 Tips for Creating Successful Infographics
- First Principles of Interaction Design
- 5 Ways to Find Creative Inspiration
The title of today's Marketing Update just about covers it all! Like the good, the bad and the ugly, we've got the myths, the hacks and the sins! The big cheese is a piece on Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner that makes some pretty stiff statements. Are they true? You decide for yourself.
- 5 Content Marketing Hacks: A Cheat Sheet for Content Brainstorming
- Audience Research Needn’t Be Costly or Time Consuming
- Forget campaigns: Build your marketing stack
- How to Execute an SEO Content Marketing Plan
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Digital Marketing
- Making Personalized Email Marketing Easier
- 3 rebranding lessons from Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner
You will instantly recognize the wonderful works of Maxfield Parrish . . . you may even now understand many of the works you've seen and loved that were replicas, or copies of Parrish art work, from Michael Jackson to Robbin Williams and Fleetwood Mac! This beautiful treasury will lighten up your day with art references to keep you going all month June 30, 2015
Last time we went on about marketing sources and action but today we're zeroing in on content marketing and then working with analytics and looking at the real target of the marketing. Hang in there, it looks like it's going to be a busy summer!
- Pitfalls and Profits of Using Rented Lists: The Devil is in the Details
- Measuring The True Value Of Audience Engagement Across Digital Media
- 3 Tips to Maximize the Synergy of Social Media and Content Marketing
- How analytics provide a dose of logic to your marketing decisions
- How to Approach Digital Marketing in 2015
- How Millennials Consume the News
You may remember my 2002 post about Steven Heller's "Citizen Designer." Milton Glaser often says, "Good design is good citizenship." So, we decided to go out on the limb a decade later and ask the same question amongst a cross section of Designers today. The responses we got are somewhat amazing! Is the graphic designer as accountable as the marketing and publicity departments for the propagation of a message or idea? Be careful, don't answer until you've read this. June 16, 2015
Now that so many have graduated from design schools in the past few weeks, it's time to hit the streets looking for a job. I understand job hunting is tough these days, so it is ever amazing to see how many really, really BAD solicitations we receive. It's amazing. Here another example of a really horrible solicitation. June 15, 2015
This is the one you've been waiting for! Typographics is an ambitious two-day typography conference, surrounded by two weeks of workshops and events, planned for this June at The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art in New York City. Organized by Cooper's Type@Cooper and the Herb Lubalin Study Center of Design and Typography, the conference provides a platform for designers to share broad perspectives on where typography is today and where it is going. June 5, 2015