Storyboarding is and art, no matter if it's for video, cinema, comic books or other visual sequentials. If you're writing and producing TV spots, educational films, or other promotional motion pictures then Storyboard Artist is an essential! February 15, 2016
JUNE 2016 ... DESIGN Graduation is over, and we're going on DESIGN VACATION... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- JUNE Colors : What's in YOUR palette! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
JUNE is brought to you by the colors in "SAND" as in "sandy beaches" How many colors of Sand? Well, we don't know, but here's a sandy palette see if this matches your idea of sandy beaches? FaceBook Group
Hamilton Wood Type and UW-Madison Libraries partner to preserve and expand access to Silver Buckle Press
The new year will usher in a new collaboration aimed at advancing the Wisconsin Idea and preserving a treasured piece of University of Wisconsin–Madison history. Beginning in January, the UW–Madison Libraries launch a partnership with Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum to house and care for the Libraries’ historic Silver Buckle Press and its collection. February 11, 2016
Intellectual property theft affects all areas of design and development and the internet has helped it increase dramatically over the past decade. All designers have felt the ping of anger when discovering your client's design used illegally. With many products and licensed products, it's an epidemic -- global theives stealing, duplicating and hawking anything to make a buck! This was sent by the FBI for all to read February 10, 2016
I know -- to a graphic designer, there's nothing better than fresh fonts to bring meaning, tone and mood to any visual communication design project. Remember that the font you use is the voice of your communication. There are so many fonts out there these days, that a design professional should never need to use the same font twice. Well, that may be a bit of a stretch -- but with our February fonts selection, I think you'll have some distinctive graphic design solutions with real voice! Have fun . . . February 9, 2016
Each year, we like to focus on achievements in the visual communications world in celebration of Black History Month. This year we're taking a little different approach in a quest to find creative expressions of Martin Luther King Jr. We've also updated the whole series of pages about Black designers and artists in the world ... February 1, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #2 ~ February
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are celebrting Presidents, and Black History Month in the cold, cold winter
- February: In search of Martin Luther King Jr.
- 26th year of DT&G --- did you miss me ?
- Creative Tidbits #201: Trump, Iranian type, Adobe Post, classic signs and more
- In search of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Vintage Valentine's Cuts copyright free clip art on CD-ROM
- 60-Seconds #328 : Why do cybercrime spam cartels keep sending the same, tired old spam?
- Ad Blockers : people finally had enough and now see no ads! Can you blame them?
- 60-Seconds #327 : Who establishes the logo design trends for 2016?
- Awesome Steampunk photo manipulations and photo-realistic illustrations!
- Creative Tidbits #202: anti-drug drive posters, Bikinis, Photoshop Action and more
- Awesome Photographic modifications and manipulations that defy reality
- Creative coloring apps for designers and illustrators of all ages
- Dinotopia: A Land Apart from Time ... inspiration for artists and visionaries
- A New Year and A New Look: McDonald's Global Packaging Launches In Style
- WATCH for upcoming changes in the sites and in the editorial slant
We believe, vintage images evolk memories of by-gone days. Mostly created in the Victorian era, these collections illustrate high talent in simpler times -- when artists could afford to spend the time for such art. Now they are at your disposal for graphic design projects, cards or decorations. Even if you don't actually use any of the cuts, they'll provide some excellent resource materials that are copyright free. They're low cost, and provide the ready-to-go January 27, 2016
And now for something totally different . . . for this creative surf, I thought it would be fun just to snoop around and see what kind of creative projects others are doing. We found a few :
* Do-It-Yourself: Quick and Easy Valentine's Projects
* Cupid's Arrow Valentine Printable Cupcake Wrappers
* Do It Yourself Valentines Day Wreath - Posted
* Do It Yourself Pixalated Valentines Card
* Valentine's Day Cards You Make Yourself
* Do-it-yourself Valentine garland
* Happy valentines day
* Valentines shirts!
* Be my Valentine
... and more ! January 26, 2016
Starting this month, McDonald’s restaurants in the United States will unveil new carry-out bags, fountain beverage cups and sandwich boxes. I don't know if this is a hallmark in graphic design, but looking at the history of McDonald's packaging and their urban positioning, it looks like a fun change. January 21, 2016
As many of you already know, I've been a volunteer spam fighter since February 15th, 1999. I had a passion about helping keep the Internet clean since developing forums for GEnie, eWorld and America Online back in the 1980s. Now my work goes on through Knujon.com, Spamcop.net and SafeNetting.com. We've all agreed that one of the real pains of the online world is someone trying to sell you something -- particularly if the solicitation is false, illegal, or damaging in some way. But through the last several years, ugly "sex enhancement" spam solicitation had diminished. Or so I thought. January 20, 2016