As society becomes more and more segmented, data mining will become more and more important to marketers, researchers, hipster life-hackers, planners and the media. You will need a data extraction tool to leverage data as they encounter it. Mac users will need one specifically designed for OSX and one that augments existing spreadsheet with data found on the web. Welcome Wordaux. March 18, 2015
JULY celebrates "Freedom Month" with patriotic graphics, summer reading, and on-the-road digital photography! Be sure to send in your BEST discoveries to share with the graphic arts community!
WHAT DOES FREEDOM MEAN TO YOU?
montage your visual symbols for "freedom" and win prizes!
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and PIN THIS with DTG on Pinterest ... follow us on Twitter
When I saw the series of photos shot across 4 decades I knew this was going to be a good edition of Creative Tidbits! Hope you enjoy this edition -- and if you can guess all those circle movie posters, let me know!
- Getting Closer to the California Print Junkie Who Designed Jay Z's "Holy Grail"
- Astonishing series of photographs of four sisters shot every year for 40 years
- Could Graphic Design Help People Better Relate To Each Other?
- Interview : My Instagram: Lauren O'Neil
- Dust & Noise Overlay Textures
- Can you name the movie?
As we noted last week, the spring ramp-up is upon us and if you're not already launching your summer campaigns, you'd better get hopping. Watching gas and fuel prices, we can probably expect a huge increast in travel this year, so keep an eye on the opportunities of hooking into the travel trends!
- Experience Marketing: How to Build a Customer-Centric Marketing Machine
- How Internet Marketing Will Affect Various Industries in 2015
- 15 Ways to Increase the Click-Through Rate on Your Tweets
- Why you must consider mobile in your email marketing
- Communication — the next big evolution in marketing
- 5 pitching sins PR pros should purge
- . . . and more
Whether you're a pro, student or hobbiest, this package is probably the most awesome visual effects package we've seen -- once again, Red Giant has updated and expanded the Red Giant Universe! If you're a real creative, you won't be able to resist these eight new tools --- unique and powerful visual effects and transitions. March 17, 2015
The FreePrints mobile app from PhotoAffections now supports Apple Pay(TM) and is available for download at the App Store. Designed to work seamlessly with iOS 8, the newly updated FreePrints app also takes advantage of the enhanced camera features in the new iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2. March 16, 2015
lphaCorr is proud to announce today the second release of Folding Genius for Adobe Illustrator. Folding Genius is intended for AI users who need folded 3D visualization of their existing dieline design files for corrugated packaging and point-of-purchase displays. Supporting Adobe Illustrator versions CS6, CC and CC2014 on both Mac and Windows, the Folding Genius plug-in works from within Illustrator to animate and render folded cartons, boxes and displays with their graphics, then exports to 3D PDF. March 13, 2015
128bit Technologies introduces version 1.5 of Candy Apple for Mac OS X, a tasty vector based graphic design and illustration app available on the Mac App Store and the MacAppware website. Current Candy Apple users can simply update for free through the Updates section of the App Store application on their Mac, or through the Check for Updates option in the Candy Apple menu March 12, 2015
During the first quarter marketing cooled off as weather tortured most parts of the U.S. The hints of spring are coming, and with them comes a steep increase in marketing activities. We'll keep this marketing update brief, there's another one due next week! March 11, 2015
Finding more and more inspiration from people doing creative things! I really enjoyed this edition, particularly the football helmits thing and the iSaber piece . . .
- Design is everything (not made by nature) for Penn State alumnus Chip Kidd
- Meet the Graphic Design Mastermind Behind the Best Part of the Oscars
- Graphic Artists Take Shots At New Steelers Helmet Designs
- Designed by Apple in Tatooine: the iSaber light saber
- Berman: Romancing the ink stains in Eastern Market
- 6 Women Rocking Tech for Good
- ... and more on the way!
Arizona start-up, GreenBid has developed GreenBid, a digital bid, estimate, and invoice generator to help users save money and reduce waste. GreenBid Paperless Estimates is specifically developed for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. March 10, 2015