Don't you hate it when your ISP doesn't understand and doesn't care what kind of software you use? Isn't it a real pain to discover your software CMS system doesn't like your ISP, and the ISP doesn't like it back? May 31, 2015
OCTOBER Welcome to the 20th Annual Fall Fonts Festival! Discover new fonts, typography, lettering, calligraphy, typographics, logos and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
OCTOBER is brought to you by "the color PUMPKIN"
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE Ampersands Poster
See our FREE Helvetica Love Poster
Got an iPad? Are you using it for client presentations? You should be. New technology is exciting, but with it comes the awkward business of figuring out just what's "appropriate" - especially with a very personal device like a tablet. So, we're really glad that Kim Feld sent this article to share with DTG readers! May 31, 2015
Most graphic design projects are singular and session based. However, once you evolve into projects that require many sub-contractors, or venders to praticipat, and multiple creative resources, you can quickly get behind the 8-ball and lose a pile of money. The one thing that will keep your profits in tact is careful planning and billing. We used to do this on a chalkboard -- but now you can do it digitally . . . . May 29, 2015
Did you get a Macbook Air? Did you get the laptop with no disc drive? Can't burn DVDs or CDs on your current machine? Don't you hate it when that happens? What you need is a lightweight, USB 3.0 slot-loading optical drive with Blue-Ray capabilities. Maybe you should check out the Fovea Extreme 3 May 29, 2015
Here's an amazing effect you can use that turns photos into stunning, 3D-like videos with music and text. This truly innovative app allows you to bring life to any photo in just a few minutes. See this video! May 28, 2015
We get calls all the time from users saying their Mac has slowed down to a snail's pace and they don't know what to do. They have a hundred files on the desktop and they've been working on the same illustrator and Photoshop files over and over for a month. What do you do? May 28, 2015
Here comes some real fun for graphic deisgners for the summer of 2015 ... enjoy and don't forget to send in your photos from the summer!
- DESIGN VACATION... JUNE 2015
- Photoshop Tutorial : Blazing Fire Sketch Effects
- Citizen Designer : should graphic designers have social responsibility?
- 60-Seconds #323 : Future history - the coming of a Digital Dark Age
- Design Giants Glaser and Bernard Produce Human Rights Magazine
- Masterworks of American Modernism from New York to New Mexico
- Publishing Update 1505-15 : Digital Media, Publishing, content, print, and DTP
- You cannot innovate into the future until you understand the past
- Social Media Update : infographics, strategy, readership, and SEO
- iPad Etiquette: using iPads in your presentations
- Art Authority Announces Year Five of Its Intern Program for Art Majors
- One thing most designers and creative professionals lack that will kill profits
- &Else News, Views and Reviews
- JULY: Digital Photography
- August and Summertime Design
Don't you hate it when your hard work shooting footage turns out with annoying artifacts? Here comes PHYX Cleaner, a comprehensive video artifacts repair suite for footage from DSLR or other sources. May 27, 2015
Although PenPower Inc. is calling this a "first-of-its kind" pen scanner, we had digital pens to review back in 2004. Just put the last one in the dumpster. But the WorldPenScan leverages today's technology with the ability to scan, recognize and translate multiple languages as well as barcodes and bank fonts. If you gather information, you're going to want a look at this. May 27, 2015
Have you ever wanted to learn magic? Well in this fun tutorial, you are going to learn how to make a sketch burn alive with fire! Learn how to create this cool fire effect using Adobe Photoshop's powerful editing tools, layer blending, and color adjustments. This tutorial was sent in by Annabelle at 123rf, along with several others we'll be presenting in the week to come. May 26, 2015