What little girl has not dreamed of becoming a princess ... or the Dutchess -- and what little boy hasn't dreamed of becoming the Prince, or even the King of England. Well, these paper dolls and coloring books aren't just about kids. They're a good source of creative ideas for fashion and heraldery! See full size samples from : KATE: The Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge Marriage of Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton Kings and Queens of England Diana, Princess of Wales: The Charity Auction Dresses January 5, 2015
APRIL 2015! The 25th April online for graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- April Colors : the 19th Annual Designing Women issue continues! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
April is brought to you by the letter A. Fiery and energetic, this color signifies passion, strength, and courage -- or, the color Diamond!" actually white or clear! join our FaceBook Group
Sooner or later you're going to end up in that period of life when your peer group's parents are passing away, and you're dealing with wills, living wills, trusts, closing estates and so forth. When my Mom passed away we had no keys, no passwords and no way to close her online life other than certified letters and Fed-ex overnight packs. Four years later, there are still some unresolved. Have you considered your personal, digital exit plan? If you don't have a digital will, you'd better read this article and get one before it's too late. December 29, 2014
Need a fresh design perspective? Tired of using the same old looking fonts? Need to change up the text style in a presentation, print project or a graphic design project? Download brand new premium font designs that just came off the development floor at 128bit Technologies, MacAppware. Premium Fonts, version 5.0 now includes 147 original font families, with a total of 1,841 fonts in all.< December 29, 2014
Most people don't even know what a multi-host-app library of GPU-accelerated tools is. But Red Giant's newly expanded Universe includes nine new effects and transitions. These updates expand the Universe toolset to 68 effects and transitions, more than half of which are free and run in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X and Motion, and now, Sony Vegas. December 27, 2014
2014 was a great year for Photo Apps, and we're predicting that 2015 will be better yet. By all means, please send us your reviews or favorites so we can share as well and have fun testing these:
- Magic Hour Lite - Camera & Unlimited Filter
- Social Network for Amateur Photographers
- Hyperlapse from Instagram
- Repost for Instagram
- Camera360 Ultimate
- Photo Reflection
- and MORE ...
Here we go ... another year, another opportunity to strike bigger numbers. This time of year means even more online social activity -- the holidays are over and it's really cold for the northern hemisphere. Look at the numbers for Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIN and even Google+ and you'll see record-breaking traffic stats. So during this lull ... get ramped up for spring!
- 5 Ways to Use Pictures to Tell Visual Stories With Social Media
- The Complete Social Media Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Is It Possible to Measure Social Media ROI?
- The Social Life of the App-Addicted Teen
- Twitter embraces its data and buys Gnip
- 3 tips for using Facebook hashtags
- ... and the continuing world of social media and networking
Mainstream news and online sharing stimulates conversations for some of the most ‘talked about’ research articles this year. Alternative metrics provider Altmetric LLP has looked at the top 100 academic papers receiving the most online attention in 2014 – and the conversations happening around them. December 16, 2014
Here we go . . . the LAST Creative Tidbits column for 2014. Say goodbye to the year, and get yourself ready to ramp up in January. A lot happened in the year, and you can go back and find more than twenty Creative columns in 2014. Have fun earning from these:
- The New Pantone 'Color of the Year' for 2015 is Pantone 18-1438 Marsala
- A New Book Examines the History of Graphic Design in California
- Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
- interview with illustrator and designer jean jullien
- Artists launch street sculpture exhibit program
- Brewing up a new identity for Coffee Officina
- Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
- Buy A Logo - 10 Tips For Better Design
- Ten Questions for: Fernando Gutiérrez
- ... and more!
Here comes 2015 -- is your strategy in high gear? Here are some serious articles I've earmarked for this issue. Hopefully you're on your way into 2015 with some new energy. Get your PR hat on, and your Graphics tablet going and you'll do a great job!
- Your guide to using images in your content marketing strategy
- Publishers vs. LinkedIn: The Next Heavyweight Fight?
- What exactly is 'dynamic creative optimization?'
- Your Content: Lock It Up or Set It Free?
- The new age of public relations
- Every marketer is a publisher
- ... and more
We never seem to slow down, but in many situations the creative spirit needs 'rest' -- so sit down and take it easy while you go through this week's creative tidbits. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Looking at the artwork of the Criterion Collection
- The Colorful History of California Graphic Design
- Design App is Apple's App of the Year runner-up
- A Photo Exhibit That Examines Climate Change
- Inside the Cinelli and Columbus factories
- How big data is revolutionizing design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Graphic Design
- How To Design A Killer Gig Poster
- Why Aren’t You Creative?
- ... and more! December 10, 2014