Cobalt v8 Solo and Xenon v8 Solo, are two new price points in the Designer Elements product line of 3D solid and surface modeling software -- it comes with a 3D mechanical parts library of 149,000 bearings, bolts, nuts and other parts November 15, 2013
MARCH 2014 ... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields has a great time with March, and the 19th Annual Designing Women issue in celebration of National Women's History Month! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
March is brought to you by the color "GREEN" for spring and St. Patrick's Day. celebrated on March 17th, 2014(?) Follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group
Our good friend Chuck Green recently made a post to Facebook about the digital colorization of historical photographs. His complaint was followed by a ponderous tome of learned comments from both sides of the isle. An alarm went off in my head. I'm thinking; hey, everyone already knows about that -- but then, do they? So I went digging for all the "Digital Ethics" information that I've written about since the late 1980s and discovered -- OMG: over a decade has gone by! These "newbies" could very well not be informed about Digital Ethics. November 13, 2013
We read a thread on Chuck Green's Facebook page and becamse so interested in this controversy, we snooped around on the web to see any of the thosands of Photoshop Tutorials took a side. Should we colorize historic black and white images? Well they all seemed to be gung-ho to colorize, with little or no mention of ethics. Even the Civil War web site is full steam ahead . . . and it just about drives you mad . . .
* Colorizing the Migrant Woman using GIMP
* Extensive Black/White Colorization Tutorial
* Colorization Tutorial - How to colorize B/W or vintage photographs
* 60 Second Elements: Splashes of Color in Black and White Photos
* Highlight Color Effect in Lightroom – 5 Easy Steps
* Colorizing Black-And-White Photos
* Reddit Colorization
... and MORE November 12, 2013
From Bangladesh to Belarus, entries have flooded in from all corners of the world for the International Olympic Committee’s competition to design the medal for the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games. And, with just four weeks to go until the deadline for submissions, IOC President Thomas Bach has urged young designers not to miss this historic opportunity. November 11, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #11 ~ November, 2013
01 November: Design Holidays
02 Illustrator and Photoshop Colorful Balls Text Effect for the holidays or any time
03 Photoshop Madness High-End Photo Retouching, Tips & Tricks
04 Photoshop Tutorial : misunderstood emboss and contour now made easy!
05 Creative Graphic Design: video of a yolk, a designer's view, and skinhead culture
06 Learning the art of Branding, design method, planning, presenting and business innovation
07 Adobe Creative Inspiration from celebrities like Deke McClelland and Paula Scher
08 Marketing Update : infographics, mobile mindsets, digital engagement and more
09 Creative Graphic Design: Infographics, Typepedia, and font anatomy
10 Marketing Update : Direct marketing, social media, Infographics and Retargeting
11 301 60-Seconds : Quick, figure this out
12 Creative Graphic Design: Numbers, studios, gallery and virus fonts
13 Marketing Update : Going Social, jumping infographics, push mobile, content is king
14 What do Hand-Held 3D Scanning, Russia and Napoleon have in common?
15 Employee wellbeing influences corporate reputation in social media
16 Getting Schooled in the New Industry Buzzword: Content Marketing
17 To our Friends and Suporters
18 HAPPY HOLIDAYS November and December November 1, 2013
Here's another notable tutorial by Wu Hui ( Winbluegod ) from Beijing of 4-designer.com. This full Photoshop tutorial will make it easier for you to understand the significant effects of Bevel Emboss and Contour. October 31, 2013
We're simply going mad trying to separate the good from the junk Photoshop stuff... and we've found some more good ones to pass along . . .
Kowing this is the season for shooting landscapes, and autum portraits it's a good time to brush up on some deeper, more advanced techniques. We've got several very good onew from college-level doctors, and another from Mr. Photoshop himself, Colin Smith . . . END THE MADNESS ...
* Photoshop Masking Tutorial — Using Masks To Improve Landscape Images
* How to Make Digital Photos Look like Lomo Photography
* Enhance Your Image with Selective Color Adjustments
* Improve Your Landscape Photographs Using Photoshop
* Color Correction Using Levels and Eyedroppers
* Vignetting : the good, the bad and the ugly
* Giving Your Photos A Glow
* Your photos, 300-style!
... and MORE October 30, 2013
Just in time for the holidays, our friend Ainsley Bevis from BloomWebDesign.net sendis this great Adobe Illustrator tutorial! Now, you can run like this, or modify the color scheme for perfect holiday decoriations! She covers a number of good techniques good for beginner to intermediate Illustrator users, and then takes you all into Adobe Photoshop for the finishing touches. October 29, 2013
The creative inspiration quest continues and edition features two videos along with some extraordinary illustration and a conversation with a designer about the new iPhone interface ... here we go:
* PaperSpecs Reveals the Trials and Triumphs of Designing Print Projects
* Brobesity? 3-D Avatars Of The Average Joe Are A Hefty Dose Of Reality
* Several iOS 7 Design Choices Criticized By Experienced Designer
* Christoph Niemann: Illustrator, Graphic Designer
* Skinhead culture in graphic design
* Back to the drawing board
... and more ! October 28, 2013
Mr Ragan brings us back to the basic craft of writing press releases, touch on infographics and finding a new mobile market. Get ready for November ... here we go :
* Study: The state of social marketing — vision, purpose, value drive a new era of digital engagement
* Content Marketing Sweetens the Mix [Infographic]
* Design Emails With a Mobile Mindset: Five Tips
* If content is king, what would be queen?
* Measuring PR: Indicators of quality
* 6 AP Style rules for press releases
* Go Boldly Where Your Members Are
... and more October 28, 2013