You got to admit that making photos into a comic book is pretty cool. But this update makes it easy to turn photo pages into high-definition movies with dynamic camera movement, professionally designed captions, and fun sound effects. Version 1.3 also includes 50 licensed sound effects that can be assigned to each photo. September 15, 2014
FEBRUARY 2015 Celebrating 25 years of Photoshop Tips & Tricks online ... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields have a great time with February ... President's month, Valentine's, lovers, and Black History Month! PICK Up your free Black History Poster Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
February is brought to you by the colors "VIOLET" and Amethyst. Follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group
Sometimes I run into conversations that I just can't resist passing along. Such is this one I ran across on LinkedIn. But what are your thoughts with asked "What's the most overused font of contemporary design?" I have my ideas, and you'd expect passionate responses from any designer of some background and knowledge. Let's see what the LinkedIn graphic design professionals believe the answer is. . . September 13, 2014
You are going to like the look of ARTZ ... it's one of the the newest wood type to be cut at Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum. It was designed by venerable type designer Erik Spiekermann for his own print studio (P98a in Berlin), specifically to be cut into large size wood type. September 10, 2014
Studio allows anyone to create and share amazing artwork. By combining a powerful design editor with a new social interaction, Studio helps the average person overcome the challenges of design creation. Studio offers a layer-based editing system allowing for simple yet sophisticated design creation. I think this needs a look by anyone wanting to streamline their life in terms of graphics and photography September 9, 2014
Are your clients screaming for better marketing graphics? Do you think they know what effective graphics are? As the world of marketing gets more complicated, graphic designers need to keep right on top of every crook in the road ... literally
- Why Doing Pro Bono Work is Good for Your Agency and How to Find the Right Match
- Infographic : How Big Businesses Use Colors to Affect Your Emotions
- Create Compelling Marketing Videos That Educate and Entertain
- In the Content Marketing Kingdom, Third-Party Experts Rule
- A Seven-Item Checklist for Measurable Marketing
- Eight Ways to Rock Your Media Marketing
- 2014 - Mid-Year Rankings: US Top Buzz
- ... and more
- The 20th Anniversary Fonts Fest Part TWO
- Fonts, lettering and typography surf FOUR
- Jim Parkinson : half-century of typography
- New found free Script fonts for the 20th year!
- Photoshop : Never make a Photoshop or Illustrator Style again!
- Graphic Designers Ask : How much should I charge
- 60-Seconds #315 : LinkedIN thinks 360,000 people, including me, are stupid.
- Creative Update 179 -- Graphic Design Creative Inspiration
- GraphicConverter gets an upgrade, and a New Image Verifier
- Marketing Update : AdWords Etiquette, Content Skills, and do we really trust advertising?
- LightWave 3D Group Ultimate Creativity Bundle with OctaneRender
- &Else: All-In-One Mobile 3D Modeling App rivals 3D workstation software
- &Else: An animated template for graphic seals in FinalCut Pro
- &Else: Awesome new features, Pixelmator may be the Photoshop Killer!
- &Else: Help from ColorLogic's color management for more consistent color results
- This Year's Fonts Fest Poster
- Enjoy September... onward toward October
Seriously? I was watching a movie the other evening -- and the images and takes and cuts and editing were all excellent, but the experience was ruined. Why? Too much camera movement. Since the days of MTV, a lot of people have been lead to believe hand-held movement is cool. A little bit goes a long way. Mostly, if there's too much -- it's just in poor taste, and distracts from the message of the movie. Vidiographers : try the Smoothie and get RID of all that annoying camera movement! September 3, 2014
Here we are in September, the opening of the biggest marketing season of the year, and if you haven't done your homework, then you're in trouble! You should already be working on your Valentine's promotions!
[*] Here's Why Facebook's New Ad Network Accelerates a Trend That's Transforming PR
[*] Which Marketing Channel Gives You the Most Bang for Your Click?
[*] Learn Why Direct Mail Is A Smart Choice For Any Business
[*] Fix These 5 Email Marketing Missteps Right Now
[*] Don't maintain your reputation; build it
[*] Marketing with postcards -- Parts 1 and 2
... and more September 2, 2014
01 Hello September and kick-off of the 20th Annual Festival
02 This Year's Fonts Fest Poster
03 20th Annual Fonts Festival : fonts, lettering and typography surf
04 Fonts, lettering and typography surf TWO
05 Fonts, lettering and typography surf THREE
06 Photoshop Fonts, type, lettering effects tutorials Madness
07 Major bundle : 1000s of PSD and Ai files for pennies each
08 P22 respecting traditional typography values with today technology
09 60-Seconds #156 : Freelancing Pitfalls
10 JumboZilla: Thousands of Super Premium Design Resources
11 Marketing Update : End of Summer, on to big marketing season
12 Creative Update 178 -- Design, Typography and Graphics for September
13 &Else: Photo Editing App Insta Split for Instagram Released
14 &Else: Perfect Auto-Updating Photo Frame Using Unbound And Dropbox
15 PART ONE ... keep watching for PART TWO September 1, 2014
This is the last of this surf, but now we get to have some real fun watching seasoned professionals with real talent apply real ink in creating some superb lettering! I'm also very pleased to bring the official trailer for the movie "Sign Painter" -- a fantastic documentary on the art, craft and times of sign painting. Later, we'll dig deeper into the documentary, but for now, enjoy the September Fonts surf . . . September 1, 2014