Artboard 2 for the Mac is a full-featured drawing software to create crisp vector graphics and layered illustrations. For the versatility and price, we're thinking this could be the next generation's Illustrator -- at a fraction of the cost, without being held hostage! June 27, 2016
JANUARY 2017 ... a new year, and new opportunities for graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields! share your masterpieces with DTG readers and win a prize!
January is brought to you by "BLUE" because it's the color of COLD!
January is brought to you by the letter "J"
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Love the Angry Birds? Well, this super addicting game even has its own movie very soon! To celebrate the wacky world of this game, let’s create some adorable fan art using Photoshop. In this tutorial, we'll show you how to use photo textures to make your characters look realistic. June 23, 2016
Textkraft is a professional writing app, specifically developed for authors, editors, translators and other prolific writers. Delivering the first comprehensive mobile production studio, version 4.1 comes with many new and updated features, that are of great interest for self-publishers. Writers can be even more productive on their iPad. June 23, 2016
What started as a backyard hobby has grown into a full scale art genre of its own! For the third year, you can join the world's elite -- but there isn't much time left to participate in the amazing 3rd edition of the Dronestagr.am International Drone Photography Contest in partnership with National Geographic from May 30th to June 30th. June 22, 2016
Patina, which is useful for making simple drawings and sketches, as well as for doing basic image editing tasks, had the highest user rating among the top 10 most downloaded free apps in the Graphics & Design category in the Mac App Store. June 21, 2016
Perfect for photo enthusiasts, PSMania allows anyone to apply fun and interesting image processing effects on their photos and images. There are more than thirty different image filters to choose from, and most offer a slider to instantly adjust the filter parameters in real time. Best of all, you can see the effect in live video mode. It is so easy-to-use and no learning is needed June 17, 2016
Jumping into June, we're on a roll for creative summer stuff that will perk your imagination and creative juices. Once again, we're into some good reading and some good idea starters. When you travel this summer, keep clicking that camera and seeing the design inspiration that is all around you! Send in your favorites to share in Creative Tidbits . . .
- In corporate design, humor can be your most powerful tool—or a total disaster
- Omahan says controversial license plate is based on his 2002 design
- York College students publish art books
- Scott Thorp: Designing the Future
The world has become married to Google. Everyone uses Google Search on a daily basis. Web sites everywhere live and die by Google's hand. I'm wondering -- if I had the kind of money Google has, and I was designing a search engine, wouldn't I make the actual target of the search query turn up on the FIRST PAGE? I certainly would. Any good designer would -- at least you think they would. If you go to a restaurant and order the $35 Steak, wouldn't you expect to get steak? Google seems to disagree May 31, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #6 ~ June
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- SURF's UP.. on the web
- Creative Tidbits #208: Smile design, fabric design, publishing, rip off design and more
- 60 Seconds 333: Google searches fail. Is it time for a new search engine?
- Creative Tidbits #207: pricing tips, tshirts, font selection, responsive design and more
- Color : Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Art and Design offer superb inspiration for today's designers
- Creative Tidbits #206: political logos, fonts, pen & ink, creative blocks and more
- Washington Technology Announces Industry Days Lineup at ACQUIRE Show
- Welcome to Adobe Spark! A new way to generate social media content
- Adobe Spark: Creating Effective Video for your Cause or Crowdfunding Campaign
- Spark Spotlight: How a Bike Shop Spurred a Pedal Revolution
- Marketing Update : Prince's death, Coachella, strategy, franchisees, Surveys and more
- NO MORE SUBMISSIONS -- the honor system is dead!
- July, August and Summertime Design
Feels like we're rushing down-hill into spring, and with that comes all kinds of new summer and seasonal design for marketing. This issue has some thoughtful items moreso than just eye-candy. Don't forget -- if you have an item for Creative Tidbits, just send it along -- we'll get right back to you! For now, enjoy . . .
- Textile artist Kustaa Saski delivers a world of psychedelic dreamscapes
- Which is better: mobile app development or responsive web design
- Graphic design seniors turn ideas into beautiful realities
- Special birthday shirts fly off rack
- The Science of Font Selection