Apple reached into my iPhone and removed software. I did not realize this had happened until I wanted to stream my favorite channel. I was a little more than upset because I had come to really like Apple Radio and had two dozen great radio stations. But I really have no room to complaint, I didn't pay for the service or the app. However, I wonder what they would say if I reached into their computer system and removed software they had come to depend on? April 6, 2016
OCTOBER Welcome to the 22nd Annual Fall Fonts Festival! Discover new fonts, typography, lettering, calligraphy, typographics, logos and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
OCTOBER is brought to you by "the color PUMPKIN"
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE Ampersands Poster
See our FREE Helvetica Love Poster
22nd Annual Fonts Fest Poster
Illuminated Typography ~ Fonts Fest Inspiration Poster
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #4 ~ April
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- Designing Women and Color Everywhere for April
- 21st Annual Designing Women: BLITZ, Stacey after a decade, Becca's soft hand, Cuba Illustrated and more
- Hamilton Wood Type celebrates "Mardell," a new font designed by Louise Fili
- Louise Fili : World Class design
- Art Nouveau and Victorian Color Palettes in Graphic Design - and era of decorative arts
- Creative Tidbits #203: Infographics, bold characters, Nazis, Web Design and more
- Creative Tidbits #204: big changes, small world, then technology and more
- Flora Borsi: Discovering one's self in the art of photography and Photoshop
- Flora Borsi and her works in self portriats
- Interview : Painting Mark Ruffalo with Jason Seiler
- Springtime ... Looking forward to Summer
Let's take a look at the real value of building color palettes from the past. The Art Nouveau and Victorian periods were so rich in color, and decorative qualities that they hold a cherished place in art history. Try your hand at utilizing those color combinations to develop your own... just in time for spring! March 31, 2016
21st Annual Designing Women: BLITZ, Stacey after a decade, Becca's soft hand, Cuba Illustrated and more
As we said before, we love to visit studios we've featured before. Such is the case with Stacey's! But probably the highlight of this journey is the story about BLITZ magazine, and the video we've included. It's a pleasure to keep rolling, and our #3 will follow this week! Have fun!
- Ten years ago : Stacey Dyer and Triple Frog
- Giselle Monzón Calero: Cuba illustrated
- Carey Labovitch and her BLITZ
- Becca Stadtlander soft hand
This one is actually part of #203, but we had to break it out to a second file. We don't usually run essays, but the Media and Publishing piece is particularly good for designers. Also, the 3D printer piece is essential just to realize where that technology is going. enjoy
- The 3D Printing Advances That Changed The World In 2015
- Voltron Reboot, New Gullermo Del Toro Series Coming To Netflix
- Great Design versus Everything Else
- Designing Women : Painted Surf 01
Here's a great shot in the arm for your creative jumpstart into spring. Be sure not to miss the video for Jason Seiler's works, it's very good. We also have several good cartooners and some innovative 3D printing in part two of March / April Creative Tidbits . . . have fun. Don't forget to send in your discoveries too!
- How did Obamas Change the White House with Contemporary Art ?
- You're going to enjoy Jason Seiler's works
- The Anatomy of a Winning Website Design
- In Spain, Falangist Means Fascist
Louise Fili has graced the pages of the Design Center and the Designing Women series in the past. Now we have news she has unveiled a new font -- "Mardell"! Also, don't forget to see the video interviews at the end of the article! March 25, 2016
Meet Flora Borsi a Photographer, Visual Artist and Freelance Graphic Designer from Hungary -- one of our April Designing Women series features! She uses exquisite photo manipulation to create surreal images that are thematically focused who the human being -- including you and me! March 24, 2016
During our work on this year's Designing Women series we returned to catch up with Marian Bantjes, one of our 'featured' Designing Women back in 2006. She just keeps getting better and better -- and we enjoyed reading her blog. Which brings today's topic, one of her posts "Copy-Anti-Copy". March 10, 2016
Customer-centric web design and UX is on everyone's mind in 2016. User-friendly websites should offer great content which is easy to find, quick to access and beautiful to look at. Yet so many companies seem to be falling at one of more of these hurdles ... Elisheva Sokolic takes look at these issues in today's web design! March 10, 2016