Did you remember Mothers' day in your media plans? Never pass up the opportunity to market and spread the PR of your clients. Spring is a fun and lucritive season as people come out of the winter doldrums and begin shopping again. Be on your toes ... May 13, 2015
NOVEMBER Welcome to the month of November and the opening of the Holiday Season! Discover all the creative ideas and inspirations for this season -- and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
November is brought to you by "BROWN" the colors of autumn leaves, and roast turkey!
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE 'N' Poster
Summer is around the corner ... soon you'll have those opportunities to hook into your readers social streams with your agenda. What? You don't have an agenda? You don't have your strategy yet? Well, you'd better get moving! Read these leads we've gleaned from the recent social media press and you'll be much better informed:
- Creating the perfect social media strategy for your company
- Infographic: Why you should be marketing with social media
- 8 Social Media Mistakes That Are Killing Your Brand
- Digital News Readership Continues to Gain New Ground
- How To Use Social Media To Boost Your SEO Campaign
- How Nonprofits Can Create Real-Time Marketing
- People are the New Social Channel
Year five of the 'Art Authority' Summer Intern Program is here for students majoring in art and art history. This is the perfect opportunity to expand your visual vocabulary for future design innovation. Check it out! May 11, 2015
One of the really problematic aspects of photography on your mobile device, iPhone or iPad is getting organization to your photos. You cannot really organize the way Apple wants you to ... yet you need organiation. Try this, you might really like it. April 30, 2015
Rolling into the summer vacation season, a lot of markets will be picking up that special book, magazine or whitepaper to take along on the trip. You're clients will be wanting to put their best foot forwared. We found these to be excellent reads, and even included some design to go along . . .
- What is a magazine? Media reporters often see the web as the answer
- The case for, and against, integrated print-digital newsrooms
- The Brutally Honest Truth about Ghostwriting
- 5 Truths of Audience Monetization
- Common print design mistakes
Macphun has released a free "Public Preview" version of their latest app, Noiseless. Using new advanced imaging technology, Noiseless provides a one-click solution for eliminating the pixelated/grainy patterns generated by nearly every camera when shooting in poorly lit situations. April 29, 2015
Last edition of our Web Update carried some Mobilegeddon news and views, so we're not going to go back there this time. There are plenty of issues in the world of the web to more than fill this edition. Have fun and let us know if there's something we should share . . .
- The Often Overlooked Side of the Digital Publishing World: Optimization
- Need a New Website or Logo? Design Trends for 2015. (Infographic)
- Are keywords relevant to SEO in 2015?
- 5 Pieces Of Content: 25 Link Ideas
- 3 components of smart metrics
Here we are in the spring ... and we're back on the track of wonderful color in Photoshop ... it's also Mothers' Day in May so watch for our Mothers' Day special . . . for now, just don't get yourself into too much Photoshop Madness :
- Adobe Photoshop - Color Swatches and Color Libraries
- How Do I Create Custom Color Palettes in Photoshop?
- Thread: The Zorn Color Palette for Photoshop
- Handling Colors – Part I: Palettes
- Picking and using color for color
- Fun with in-engine color grading
I remember a small program that came along a quarter of a century ago that just blew everyone away. I see hundreds of start-ups -- they come and they go -- but when I see Pixelmator, I'm scratching my head wondering if I'm looking at the next big thing . . . could this be the beginning of the end of Photoshop? April 28, 2015
Do you remember when Google came out with Penguin, how they would penalize any site with 'false' links? Then all this talk about mobilegeddon, and how Google has become the internet police and the ministry of information -- all about 'honesty' on the web. Google's "honesty" took a big hit when I wanted to contact a Tupperware sales representative in my own town. But, the search results were the last thing I expected -- and certainly the last thing I wanted. April 28, 2015