The Tiffen Company today announced its iPad app, Tiffen Photo fx Ultra v5, has been named "Best Mobile Photo App of 2013" by the prestigious Technical Image Press Association. Tiffen Photo fx Ultra v5 allows users to simulate many popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters, specialized lenses, optical lab processes, film grain, exacting color correction, natural light, and photographic effects directly from their iPads and share via Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, email and more. July 22, 2013
DECEMBER Welcome to the month of December and the Holiday Season! Discover all the creative ideas and inspirations for this season -- and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
December is brought to you by the Colors of Christmas "RED" and "GREEN"!
Don't forget to pick up your holiday gifts at the Publishers' Warehouse Loading dock, and your free December Poster! You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Hope you've had a great summer, as many of us continue back into the school season, here are some great inspirations and idea starters for August . . .
* Stefan Sagmeister’s The Happy Show Is at the Chicago Cultural Center
* 'Revel on the Block' promotes creativity, community and local business
* Students Recognized by 'Design for Good' Project
* Winners of SEGD Global Design Awards 2013
* Trust me, you’re not a graphic designer
* Contemporary Arts Museum gets graphic
... and more ! July 19, 2013
Here's another notable tutorial from Winbluegod from 4-designer.com. This full Photoshop tutorial covers 4 different drawing methods for creating dotted lines in Photoshop. We know it's easy to generate all kinds of dotted lines in Illustrator, but Photoshop just doesn't have that skill set. So Winbluegod has these alternative methods for dotted lines in Photoshop. July 16, 2013
June and July are brought to you by the letter J, so here, we've found some Jays for you. Along with that we continue the creative quest for cool stuff. Enjoy
* June and July are brought to you by the letter J
* Big JAY Alphabet art . . . personalized prints
* Jays poster for JULY
* Pen Tool Cheat Sheet, techniques : 'Zen of the Pen'
* Extraordinary Pen Tool Work :: Marcus Vinicius
* Talent Spotters: Lincoln School of Art & Design
* Design Studio course explores social issue
. . . and more! July 2, 2013
More great lettering in this Creative update, along with a designer with a cause, children's graphics and even Google now pays homage to Saul Bass!
* Metamorphosis Urban Revitalization Mural Design Transforms A Public Space
* Anthony Nolan Connects the Dots in Identity package
* The National Design Award Winners Announced
* A lesson about designing ugly PowerPoints
* Patricia got us going on and on and on
* Like Minded Studios . . . Wow
* Rebranding olive oil
... and more ! July 2, 2013
WIN collectible graphic design, photography, Photoshop, web design books from our treasured collection just by telling us what freedom means to YOU. July 1, 2013
Table of Contents : What's here:
* 01 Greetings to JULY . . .
* 02 Let me send you some free Design books :
* 03 July Creative Two, Too
* 04 Creative inspiration Summertime, outdoors, awards, ugly Powerpoints
* 05 Vintage Art : wonderful tags, cards and cigar labels for decorative reference
* 06 Photoshop Madness: JULY Flags and other madness
* 07 Karen negotiates for a salary in a design position at a design firm
* 08 Magazine Apps: Why So Bloated?
* 09 Turn Gigantic Print Reference Content into Lightweight Apps
* 10 Customize the Way You Display
* 11 Procreate app Sketch, paint, create wins Apple's Design Award at WWDC 2013
* 12 Ji Lee: bubbles to words to pictures to books . .
* 13 Marketing Update : baseball, apple pie, and marketing
* 14 Marketing Update : Learning from the past, Lead dynamics
* 15 Marketing Update : Charts, Videos, Banners, and Mix Thoroughly
* 16 Publishing Update - profits vs downfall? Printing predictions
* 17 Next Month : AUGUST is BACK TO (DESIGN) SCHOOL
* Final words from the Editor July 1, 2013
For years, we've followed all kinds of sources for vintage art, and it's still very much in style to feature selections your the web. For years, the Publishers' Warehouse has shared literally thousands of these images, along with samples from the Dover book colleciton of public domain images. One of the favorite sources for 'vintage' art are labels, cards and posters from the 18th century. Here's we're going to look at my favorites from the world of cigar labels. Enjoy! June 29, 2013
PHOTOSHOP MADNESS is where you practically go mad trying to find the most useful stuff for Photoshop when you need real color advice. It's July again, so we thought there should be some flag waving Photoshop content out there. Funny because little has changed. We did the FIRST "flag face" Photoshop tutorial back in the early 1990s, using Photoshop 3.5. Yup -- used a displacement map. YES, and if you ever wanted to put a flag on your lips, we've even got two of those! Here we go :
* Photoshop Tutorial: Creating a Real Looking Flag
* Photoshop Country Flag onto Lips Tutorial
* Nathan Grant did it best in Photoshop
* Tips: How To Photoshop Flags On Lips
* How to make A Realistic Flag
* Realistic Flag in Photoshop
* Paint a flag on a face
* Free Download HELL
* Painting the Wall
... and MORE June 25, 2013
Is there anything that is more American than Marketing? How are your July 4th marketing activities going? Summer's hot, people are in a spending mood, they're traveling and you're in the driver's seat, here is the latest marketing update :
* Three Powerful Ways to Measure the Impact of Your Email Marketing
* 7 steps to better communicating your brand's story
* The mindset that makes online marketing work
* Q&A: Paul Holmes and the future of PR
* 7 traits of a solid PR professional
* Can Marketers and Data Get Along?
* Beef up your boilerplate
... and more June 24, 2013