Nicole Alesi creates care-free illustrations inspired by pop trends in music, movies and fashion. We discovered Nicole last month in the Black History edition, and had to bring her back for our Designing Women feature ... February 27, 2012
OCTOBER Welcome to the 22nd Annual Fall Fonts Festival! Discover new fonts, typography, lettering, calligraphy, typographics, logos and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
OCTOBER is brought to you by "the color PUMPKIN"
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE Ampersands Poster
See our FREE Helvetica Love Poster
22nd Annual Fonts Fest Poster
Illuminated Typography ~ Fonts Fest Inspiration Poster
This edition of Web Update rolls into spring with many new considerations for all web designers...
* 10 search, social resolutions for a very mobile 2012
* The stages of coping with loss of search query data
* Future of SEO: Change, Convergence, Collaboration
* Keep your website ahead of the curve in 2012
* Your Website's Dirty Little Secrets
.. and more February 27, 2012
WELCOME to another great year of personalities from the design, painting, and illustration worlds -- we'll be discovering new talents, and revisiting some of our past Designing Women! Ladies and gentlemen may we present : * Maya Barkai, * Sarah Pannell, * Andrea Rahal, * Louise Fili, * Paula Scher, * Jessica Hische, * Lizania Cruz, * Yuko Shimizu, * Gina Triplett, * Kelli Anerson! February 26, 2012
Yes, it's March again and you know what that means -- Designing Women! We decided to skip all the bad stuff this month and go with an all-star line-up of wonderful works including self portraits from * Gemma Roberts, * Anne Pogoda, * Katherine Dinger, * Suzanne van Pelt, * Anna Steinbauer, and * Emily Warren! If these ladies aren't inspiring, you'd better check your pulse! February 25, 2012
As we move into spring, the publishing industry is moving on:
* 8 Powerful Tips for Marketing Your Business With eBooks
* Publishers Still Confident in Print (Sort of)
* The Truth About Who Owns Online Content
* Lisa Harouni: A primer on 3D printing
* Revisiting Print's Social Network
* 5 Myths About eBooks Debunked
and more ... February 23, 2012
Of course everyone loves those Photoshop "fail" sites -- we found a few of our favorites. You can certainly over-dose! As usual, Photoshop Madness finds the good and the bad ... where you practically go mad trying to find the most useful stuff for Photoshop! February 22, 2012
Our annual Black History Month surf takes us to the far ends of the cyberworld to find some exciting new and memorable talent! This is a continuing series, so we welcome your input and participation February 15, 2012
Following last week's Creative Tidbits, these are a good pick-up for the middle of the month, including the most insane immersive movie experience EVER ...
* Lego Harry Potter : Years 1-4
* Unusual logos ... bygone years
* Limited edition Artists Book
and more creative inspiration! February 13, 2012
February continues with these awesome items ... check "Not Photoshopped" -- and beware, don't step in the Photoshop doo... As usual, Photoshop Madness runs across the good, the bad and the beautiful. February 8, 2012
Kick off this February with a Social Media Update packed with goodies :
* Infographic: LinkedIn boot camp
* Social Media: Just One Big Tidal Wave?
* Don't Miss Twitter's Great New Way To Embed Tweets
* Top 10 Facebook Apps for Fan Engagement and Building Community
* Top 10 reasons to have a social media strategy
* Optimize your LinkedIn company page in 15 minutes
.... and the emerging world of social networking February 3, 2012