The iPhone 4S went on sale October 14th. At the announcement for the iPhone 4S you could sense a mild disappointment when everyone realized there wasn't going to be Jobs' trademarked, "one more thing." October 14, 2011
Good news for video producers : the Judiciary Committee has passed the Goodlatte Bill to Modernize the Video Privacy Protection Act . . . Washington, DC, October 13, 2011: Today the House Judiciary Committee passed bipartisan legislation introduced by Congressman Bob Goodlatte, Chairman of the Subcommittee on Intellectual Property, Competition, and the Internet, which updates the Video Privacy Protection Act October 14, 2011
This Social Media update takes a look at : some major moved with FaceBook, Google-plus including
* Facebook Unveils Timeline: The Story Of Your Life On A Single Page
* Facebook Reveals Major Updates at F8 [VIDEO]
* 5 ways to optimize your Facebook page
* Advice from the pros: 34 Google+ resources for your business
* Social business: Transparency is good for business
* Google+ now open to everyone
... and the emerging world of social networking ... October 14, 2011
This edition of Web Update follows the last edition, covering many new considerations for all web designers...
* 5 Steps to Building a Search Persona
* 8 Places To Use Your Keywords
* Bury These Deadly Search Myths
* How 5 Popular Landing Page Optimization Tips Can Also Hurt Conversion Rates
* 3 Tips for Building a Web App That Can Scale October 12, 2011
We've all seen, and probably owned ABC Blocks at one time or another. But for kids today, do you think it's time to get a little different perspective? Fred of course has XYZ Blocks ... October 12, 2011
This latest marketing update brings some really interesting data, plus lots of tips and tricks including . . .
* What would an advertising world without direct mail look like?
* 11 excellent email marketing infographics
* Marketing research chart: To what extent are marketers integrating social media?
* Direct marketing? Exceptional marketing method
* Life after 'like'
* Modeling and optimizing your marketing mix
* 5 steps to measure your PR efforts
... and more October 10, 2011
Next in our series, Scott Kelby helps you deal with a light part line in retouching hair (or any overly light area, for that matter) More crafty tips in this free Photoshop tutorial from the Photoshop guru himself! September 30, 2011
I've preached about the beauty of copperplate calligraphy before -- arguably the most beautiful form of hand lettering. I've encouraged you to at least try your had at producing it by hand, because by doing so you experience the true are and craft of penmanship. Here's some help to get you started September 30, 2011
One of my serious on-going complaints in the graphic arts industry is the use of the term "retro" -- fewer and fewer designers actually know what it means. We're seeing literally hundreds of tutorials titled retro-this or retro-that. So, listen up young designers: here's the quintessential reference on the use of 'retro' fonts. In fact, it's called RETROFONTS! September 29, 2011
Our journey into the world of ampersands continues with lots more very cool iterations of ampersands ... * a project by Stephen Gose * Sarah France likes ampersands * Ampersands at VisualizeUs * Ampersand pretzels * Amper Sandwich at Pinterest * Ampersand Project ... and more as we discover more outbreaks of Ampersand Fever ... September 29, 2011