Are you a "foodie" looking to take eye-catching photos of your culinary concoctions? Do you have a food blog that you’d like to enhance with better visuals? Do you want to create photos that conjure up the flavors of your favorite foods but lack the photographic technique to make it happen? Then this book is for you!
All the camera settings are included! Click for an enlargement!
In Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, photographer Nicole Young dishes up the basics on getting the right camera equipment–lights, lenses, reflectors, etc.–and takes you through the key photographic principles of aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. She then discusses lighting and composition and shows how to style food using props, fabrics, and tabletops.
You get all the tricks, like making food steam or grill markings on meat!
Finally, she explains how to improve your photos through sharpening, color enhancement, and other editing techniques. Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book offers the practical advice and expert shooting tips you need to get the food images you want every time you pick up your camera.
Follow along with your friendly and knowledgeable guide, photographer and author Nicole S. Young, and you will:
- Use your camera’s settings to gain full control over the look and feel of your images
- Master the photographic basics of composition, focus, depth of field, and much more
- Learn to enhance your food photographs using professional food styling techniques
- Get tips on different types of lighting, including strobes, flashes, and natural light
- Improve the look of your photos using Adobe Photoshop
- Go "behind the scenes" and walk through the process of creating great food photographs with an entire chapter of start-to-finish examples
And once you’ve got the shot, then you can show it off in Nichole's Flickr Group!
Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Nicole S. Young
# Paperback: 288 pages
# Publisher: Peachpit Press
flickr.com share your photos, at the book’s Flickr group
Online Sample Chapter Food Photography Styling & Props, or
Download CHAPTER 4: STYLING & PROPS in PDF format
Nicole Young is a full-time photographer and author. She specializes in food and lifestyle photography and licenses her images through iStockphoto and Getty Images.
Nicole is an accredited Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Photoshop CS5 and is a "Help Desk Specialist" with the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. She is author of the books Canon 7D: From Snapshots to Great Shots and EOS Canon 60D: From Snapshots to Great Shots published by Peachpit Press. Nicole blogs at http://nicolesyblog.com