Plinkk Photography has announced Second Shootr 1.1, a free update to their popular iPhone and iPod Touch application. Second Shootr is a digital photography assistant for professional photographers. Use Second Shootr to help you plan every aspect of your photography beforehand, leaving you free on the day to get on with what you do best - taking awesome photos. Whether you're a portrait, wedding or event photographer, Second Shootr will help you to be on top of your game for every shoot.
With version 1.1, whether you're a portrait, wedding or event photographer (to name but a few!), Second Shootr will help you to be on top of your game for every shoot. We've opened up Second Shootr from being an application just for wedding photographers, to being the ultimate digital assistant for all professional photographers:
- Two sets of Default Client Data. One for wedding clients, another for other clients
- The ability to apply a time as well as a date to your clients (allowing for more than one shoot per day)
- Pull client information from your address book for easy data entering
- Re-order all lists (alphabetically, by date, or manual ordering)
- Improved Kit List module (user can now edit kit list items)
- Improved Photos module - Easier to see outstanding items at a glance
- Improved To Do module - Easier to track outstanding and completed tasks
- Choose to send completed photographs to the bottom of the list
- Improved Google maps functionality
- Improved data handling
- Improved UI throughout the application
- The ability to duplicate existing clients
- Editable email signature and subject
- Ability to change theme on application startup
- Various bug fixes
- Store detailed information about your clients, ranging from their names and addresses to detailed information about the event.
- Contact your clients from within the application by phone and email, or check their location using the in-built map.
- Store everything you need to know about the people involved in your photographic event. For example, if you are a wedding photographer, Second Shootr could prompt you with the name of the Best Man, or store the Vicar's contact details for later reference.
- Plan your session's shots. Second Shootr will help you to remember the must-have shots you'll need to take. Once you've taken the picture, you can mark it as complete, leaving Second Shootr to tell you exactly which shots you have left to shoot.
- Know the upcoming key events. Second Shootr is there to give you a gentle reminder to let you know where you need to be, and at what time.
- Ensure you have all your kit with you. Just cross off the items as you pack them into your bags in the morning, and check them back in again when you're packing up from the shoot ready to go home.
- Keep on top of your day-to-day photography tasks both before and after the photo session.
Internationally renowned photographer and blogger, Jason D Moore on Second Shootr 1.0 says:
The perfect companion for anyone trying to keep all the details of a full schedule of weddings straight. They've really thought of everything and have put it all in a very intuitive and easy to use interface so you can focus on the photography without getting bogged down with the other "stuff".
Second Shootr 1.0 was featured in the January 2010 edition of Bright Publishing's Photo Pro magazine as well as the international online photography forum, Digital Wedding Forum.
Device Requirements: iPhone and iPod touch; iPhone OS 3.0 or later, 0.9 MB
Second Shootr 1.1 is $6.99 USD (UK 3.99 CA $6.99, EUR 5,49Euro, AU $8.99, NZ $9.99) and available exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Existing Second Shootr users can download the update free. For more information, visit the Second Shootr website and blog.
Plinkk Photography is a husband and wife wedding photography company based in the south of England. We created Second Shootr to help other fellow photographers to plan their events much more efficiently. Copyright (C) 2010 Plinkk Photography. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.