Photo Sense 1.10.0 has gotten a major upgrade into a really powerful, but very easy to use non-destructive batch photo enhancement solution for Mac. We were really impressed with all the functions, you owe it to yourself to at least watch the video on this page! Wow!
Photo Sense makes photographs more attractive quickly and easily, without spending a lot of time and money on learning, purchasing, and using professional photo editing software. Photo Sense enhances photos automatically, and allows users to customize results to their liking. It ensures that the users get great results very quickly by supporting batch processing and image settings synchronization. In addition, it offers various creative effects.
Photo Sense has an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch version with a native iPad interface. Photo Sense Lite and the mobile version implement the same automatic photo enhancement algorithm as the full Mac version. They also provide similar semi-automatic processing tools. However, they only work with a single image at a time, and do not allow manual adjustments. In addition, for performance reasons, the mobile version has a limited set of creative effects.
In more detail, Photo Sense (the full Mac version) provides:
- Professional image enhancement techniques automatically applied to multiple photographs
- Results customization at two levels: semi-automatic and manual
- Batch processing (working with multiple images at a time) in automatic and semi-automatic modes
- Image settings synchronization between photographs (including manual adjustments) to speed-up the workflow
- A number of creative effects (applied in a batch mode)
- Non-destructive operation
- Crop and straighten tool (its settings can be synchronized between images, providing batch operation)
- Batch image rotation
- Batch image down-sampling
- Batch image format conversion
- Convenient ways to compare photos before and after processing, including a side-by-side comparison
The unique automatic photo enhancement algorithm implemented in Photo Sense embraces everything its developers learned during over 6 years of professional photography experience. The only shortcoming the application has compared to manual processing is the lack of human vision, which sometimes can lead to a suboptimal choice of automatic image processing parameters. With the tools provided by Photo Sense (two customization levels, batch processing, image settings synchronization etc.) the user can perfect the automatic results easily and quickly.
New in Photo Sense 1.10.0:
This major update focuses on usability, further improving the user interface convenience and efficiency
- Completely redesigned Preview capable of cropping while zoomed in, allowing more precise cropping
- Processed photos can be saved by dragging them to Finder
- Processed photo can be dragged to another application supporting image dropping
- Processed photo can be copied to the system clipboard and pasted in another application supporting image pasting
- The crop & straighten settings can be copied between images of different sizes (before only worked with the same sizes)
- Transparent images support. Note that while transparency is now preserved (because some users requested it), Photo Sense is mainly designed for opaque photographs. Artifacts might appear on the edges in transparent images
- Changed the demo mode limitation in the non-Mac App Store version. Images can now be saved with a watermark in demo mode
- User interface improvements
- Bug fixes
- New application icon
Demid Borodin, VeprIT founder and Photo Sense developer says :
Some day while doing post-processing in Photoshop, I realized that I was applying the same generic algorithm to many photos. Naturally, being very lazy, I decided to try automating it. This is how the Photo Sense automatic photo enhancement engine was born. It took a long time and much effort before it became usable, and is still being optimized, but it proved to be very rewarding. Although originally Photo Sense was intended for novice photo enthusiasts missing Photoshop skills, I am now using it more and more often myself for personal photos, because it saves so much time... And I am very picky about the photo quality!
System Requirements: Photo Sense 1.10.0 and Photo Sense Lite 1.4.0 require a 64-bit Intel-based Apple computer with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Photo Sense 1.7.2 and earlier versions also work on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard). Photo Sense for iOS devices requires iOS 4.2 or later. iPhone 4 or later is highly recommended for performance reasons.
A demo version, which adds a watermark to the saved images, is freely available for download at the Photo Sense webpage. Photo Sense is also available on the Mac App Store. The current full version price is $33.99. Photo Sense Lite is currently free, and only available on the Mac App Store. Photo Sense for iOS devices is available on the iTunes Store, the current price is $1.99.
Category: Graphics & Design, Photography, Art, Video
VeprIT is a bootstrapped software company based in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, founded in the beginning of 2011. VeprIT develops image processing software for Mac and iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch). It aims at hiding all the complexity behind a very simple and intuitive user interface. VeprIT also offers custom software development and consulting services focusing on Mac OS, iOS, and embedded systems. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 VeprIT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.