Here, we've tried to pick the very best in both technique and styling. You know you've got really creative thinking when you've made typography out of chocolate or paper or sticks and grass. In this collection you'll see some amazing lettering from carefully engineered to tea leaves! Enjoy! September 28, 2015
Well into the Fonts Festival, I thought we'd take a little break from fonts to cover some interesting items in other areas of the graphic design and creative fields. Those drone shots are awesomel, and just a little preaching will help your brand design a bit.
There's always lots to learn in the creative world, so follow along . . . September 15, 2015
There's a lot more to design than Photoshop or Illustrator. The sooner new designers discover it's not the software that makes the designer, they'll all be better off. That's why I really enjoyed seeing this week's topics!
- TheFutureByDesign: The future is function
- For Designers of all Kinds, NOT Adobe
- Beyno by Fabian Korn
Have a great time . . . August 25, 2015
Trying to find all the good stuff on type, lettering, calligraphy, typography and branding online is a monumental task. Sites like Tumblr and Pinterest now rule the bandwidth with literally millions of great samples of type and typography. So I've just picked out a very few of the ones I think merits the attention of anyone interested in visual communications. August 19, 2015
The web design world has gone through some crazy ups and downs in its short 20 year lifetime. It started lean and clean because there was no bandwidth, and the software was so slow. We were connecting on 400 baud modems over dialup. You remember that -- but where's it all going? We don't know, but we'll sure have a good time getting there! August 18, 2015
By now, you've probably already seen our "National Coloring Book Day" page, and hopefully you had a great time over the weekend coloring some of our free coloring pages! Now that you're fully rejuvinated for color, let's get down to business and understand some important lessons about color, and how to use it on the web.
Have a great time . . . August 5, 2015
This will be great fun -- looking at political logos, and a state logo, plus an opinionated artist, a promo for a nonprofit, and lots more to get your creative juices flowing. If you find some creative inspiration, send it along and share whith all our readers!
- Reading through the eyes of a dyslexic: New font simulates frustration
- New TN logo named 'Pork of the Year' by Beacon Center
- The 2016 U.S. presidential candidates' logos, ranked
- The Star Wars poster is ultimately a piece of shit
- Creative Ways to Promote Your Association
- Bikes become Art - Not a Paper House
Have a great time . . . July 14, 2015
So here we go into summer's creative jam and designers' vacation! Get creative inspiration from your summer activities -- here are some starters to get your creative juices flowing :
- First look: two new digital magazines make unusual screenshot and icon choices
- Positive computing: technology for wellbeing and human potential
- 15 Practical Design Tweaks For Your Website In 2015
- 7 Tips for Creating Successful Infographics
- First Principles of Interaction Design
- 5 Ways to Find Creative Inspiration
The spring represents some special interests for graphic designers -- end of school, beginning of the summer buy and travel wave. Here are some starters to get your creative juices flowing :
- Pentagram's New School Rebrand: Best Thing Ever Or Unbearable Monstrosity?
- Perfect archives for collage artists, designers and collectors
- "Happy Town" by Katsumi Tamura wins Golden A' Design Award
- New Photography Acquisitions at Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- TypeTalk: How Good Typography Can Help Your Job Search
- UVU arts grads present final projects showcase
- Vordik Designer Spotlight: Damian Watracz
- Exhibit shows art of design legend
- Putting a typeface to the name
- ... and more !
When I saw the series of photos shot across 4 decades I knew this was going to be a good edition of Creative Tidbits! Hope you enjoy this edition -- and if you can guess all those circle movie posters, let me know!
- Getting Closer to the California Print Junkie Who Designed Jay Z's "Holy Grail"
- Astonishing series of photographs of four sisters shot every year for 40 years
- Could Graphic Design Help People Better Relate To Each Other?
- Interview : My Instagram: Lauren O'Neil
- Dust & Noise Overlay Textures
- Can you name the movie?
- 1 of 11