Yupo Corporation America, a leading global manufacturer of synthetic paper, has announced the winners of the 2016 Wally Awards, the company’s annual design competition. This paper gives beautiful print reproduction -- it's water-proof and tear-resistant -- plus tree-free recyclability! October 22, 2016
Here we go with some fun items that will get those creative juices flowing! From the guy who designed the Apple logo to minimalism, colors and even Pokemon helping design and event planners . . . here's this edition of Creative Tidbits menu:
- 12 Things Event Planners Can Learn From Pokemon Go
- Can your color be seen? Online Color Testing
- Jony is an ambassador of minimalist Design
- Free Flat 2017 Calendar Template
- Rob Janoff on his logo for Apple
How many times have you faced a whole folder of images that needed the same tweak? Or you've got dozens of photos that need to be optimized for web use? You've used PS Elements for this, but it's just so darn limited -- and PSD isn't much better. You might want to take a look at Image Smith! October 11, 2016
Let's have some fun this week -- it's October and time for Halloween! Aside from our Halloween stuff, we have some interesting intelligence that could get some thoughts going, and a quick peek at a new iPhone photo feature or bug! Happy autumn!
- Why the iPhone 7 Has to Simulate a Shallow Depth of Field
- A designer’s tales: Role of graphic design in society
- iPhone Stand For Business, Trade-Shows And Events
- Searching for Plagiarism Checkers
I have a pile of freebies, and just haven't gotten around to including them -- but I'll start including some of them now. Also, an important item for web designers in this issue -- the typography thing between web sites and mobile sites is really a nightmare. Otherwise it's all fun and all good this issue so have a good time!
- Free: Vector Florals, Avatars, Patterns, Shapes and Banners
- Free: Fun Swirls, Doodles, Shapes, Balloons & Cakes
- Free Stuff : Minimalist Sports Icons
- Sally DaBronzo Free Printables
- Typography is impossible
Here we are in the fall and you know what that means? The Typography department people are going to be working around the clock for this year's Fall Fonts Festival, and so I'm thinking I'll give'em a hand with the Creative Tidbits columns this month. . . Have fun and if YOU have a creative tidbit to report, please send it in!
- Pantone launches new vibrant app for digital-savvy designers and colour enthusiasts
- The World's Ugliest Color Examined By Graphic Design Experts
- Free Stuff : Ioana Baltesiu's Stylish Icons
- Beyond CMYK – New InfoTrends Study
- Safe Haven for those who admire
- Hefalo Script ~ fresh and fun!
- Time Travel with Jenna
These geometric pattern books are not just coloring books for adults -- they can be an endless source for ideas and decorative inspiration. Many of these are so extravagant they may even defy understanding until they're colorized. The "Ornaments & Designs" book comes with a CD ROM filled with files you can copy, print modify for literally an endless supply of patterns. August 2, 2016
This week we get some serious stuff, including some advice for freelancers (Do you pay taxes?) -- and how to get special Emmy awards for your video graphics! Well maybe. Don't forget, if you've seen something you'd like to share with DTG readers, just let us know.
- Zaha Hadid, Gensler, and more, vying in Sunset Strip billboard competition
- Sports Emmy® Award For ESPN Monday Night Football Graphics Package
- Graphic revolution: How Poland redefined the art of poster design
- The Freelancer's Essential Guide to Business and Taxes
This is a fun edition! Ilene is back with some swashes, and a good grunge font. The most fun was CEROS a major spam experience -- yet somehow very good! If it moves, it sucks ... well, maybe not!
- Ilene Strizver writes : Choosing and Using Swash Characters
- Visual Storytelling: A Primer for Digital Designers
- Sant’Elia Script (Demo)
- Spam site of all times
Halfway through July and here we are with a font I know you'll like and an even hotter ad for the beach in Rio a magazine charges your iPhone . . . I love July!
- The Lord of the Fonts: fonts in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
- Magazine ad that charges your cell phone ??? Sure!
- Yana Bereziner : Nordic Font