Here we go into 2014 our 24th year online and our 26th year publishing DTG Magazine. Creative inspiration is what jogs you off your stagnent creative block. See some of these and join us each week for another creative discovery tour ... here we go: Best of 2013: Top Tips, Insights, and Tricks Here's the typography daily blog 3D Type Sculptures + Animation Professionals vs. Amateurs The Design Federation Painting Supersized
... and more ! January 14, 2014
It's not a new trend. Clients have been asking to 'edit' their own web pages since the early 1990s. The problem was, for years, it was html or nothing! For years we tried them all from 'piggyback' programs to designing and building CGI page generaters from scratch. Then Content Management System concept was born. November 29, 2013
The creative inspiration quest continues and edition features two videos along with some extraordinary illustration and a conversation with a designer about the new iPhone interface ... here we go:
* PaperSpecs Reveals the Trials and Triumphs of Designing Print Projects
* Brobesity? 3-D Avatars Of The Average Joe Are A Hefty Dose Of Reality
* Several iOS 7 Design Choices Criticized By Experienced Designer
* Christoph Niemann: Illustrator, Graphic Designer
* Skinhead culture in graphic design
* Back to the drawing board
... and more ! October 28, 2013
Adobe's site is a wealth of information if you can get to it. We ran across just one of these items in a Google search, and looked at the page to find all the rest. You may want to bookmark any of these to get you back there again. We'll update here too.
* Designers use Adobe Muse to build a map of Manhattan
* Long-exposure photography of Toby Harriman
* Fun with Photoshop layer management
* The Cutting Edge award : Cube Slam
* Creative Voices: Paula Scher
... and more ! October 26, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest moving toward November with some special insights into the creative spirit, and a visit to one of the most important studios of our time! Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Infographic: Just How Dangerous Is The Dye In Your Food?
* Smart people do smart things ... Jason Santa Maria
* Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design
* Can graphic design make feminism cool?
* Russia's Top 20 Designers Today
* Learn: Anatomy of a Typeface
... and more ! October 24, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest carry over into October, we're finding some great stuff to share. Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Cutting, carving, etching, gilding designs into glass
* Lights and Glamor mark this design studio's success
* A Design Studio Called Number 17, A Very Short List
* Virus Fonts express the spirit of the age . . .
* Barnbrook -- Studio 12 . . . spells "WOW"
* OMG it's Oliver Munday
... and more ! October 16, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest time again, but before we get into the dozens of items we have for the festival, we're still tracking creative learning in this edition . . .
* New initiative from Quadrant2Design, to cut the cost of graphic design to Zero
* How *Photoshop Brushes* Helps People Develop Their Graphic Design Skills
* 99Designs launches Swiftly: where a design change is $15 an hour
* Graphic design students win north american awards competition
* Design students create posters to tackle loan shark problem
* Minimal Sneaker Study | Jack Stocker’s Nike Exhibit
* Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
* Five Best Jobs for Those in Print Design
* Varun Nunkoo – Passion, dream and talent
* Summer shirts from Cuckoos Nest
... and more ! September 30, 2013
It's back to (Design) School time again, and we're touching on hundreds of different learning opportunities this month, so hang on to your hats and follow along . . .
* Learning lessons of design and delivering the message
* Lots and lots of portraits on DeviantArt.com . . .
* Portfolio Help from Adobe CS6
* If Facebook Had Designers
* How to learn Photoshop
* A-Z of Unusual Words
... and more ! August 1, 2013
We're rolling into the school season with Back to Design School, here are some great inspirations and idea starters to get you moving to September . . .
* Meet The Duo Behind The Graphic Design Wizardry Of "Harry Potter”
* The Next Closest Thing to HOW Design Live
* The first issue of Container 'magazine'
* Talent Spotters: UCLan Graphic Design
* New - Xara Page & Layout Designer
* Jamie wins top national award
... and more ! July 25, 2013
Hope you've had a great summer, as many of us continue back into the school season, here are some great inspirations and idea starters for August . . .
* Stefan Sagmeister’s The Happy Show Is at the Chicago Cultural Center
* 'Revel on the Block' promotes creativity, community and local business
* Students Recognized by 'Design for Good' Project
* Winners of SEGD Global Design Awards 2013
* Trust me, you’re not a graphic designer
* Contemporary Arts Museum gets graphic
... and more ! July 19, 2013