Getting ready for the summer vacation and all of the cook-outs, receptions, parties and picknics going on, we were delighted when Ainseley Bevis sent in this Adobe Illustrator tutorial with lots of blends, gradients and vector cooking! July 1, 2016
It's summer time and a great time for some body painting! That's really interesting but also enjoy the first female typographer, Prince's logo disks, and the Photoshop Newspaper filter ... it's a good time to get creative news and inspiration
- The Legend of Prince's Font Symbol Floppy Disks
- The Body Painting Art, craft and graphic design
- Yet another anatomy-of-type discovered
- Newspaper Photo Photoshop Action
- The First Female Typographer
- Body Painting Arts
Artboard 2 for the Mac is a full-featured drawing software to create crisp vector graphics and layered illustrations. For the versatility and price, we're thinking this could be the next generation's Illustrator -- at a fraction of the cost, without being held hostage! June 27, 2016
Patina, which is useful for making simple drawings and sketches, as well as for doing basic image editing tasks, had the highest user rating among the top 10 most downloaded free apps in the Graphics & Design category in the Mac App Store. June 21, 2016
Jumping into June, we're on a roll for creative summer stuff that will perk your imagination and creative juices. Once again, we're into some good reading and some good idea starters. When you travel this summer, keep clicking that camera and seeing the design inspiration that is all around you! Send in your favorites to share in Creative Tidbits . . .
- In corporate design, humor can be your most powerful tool—or a total disaster
- Omahan says controversial license plate is based on his 2002 design
- York College students publish art books
- Scott Thorp: Designing the Future
Feels like we're rushing down-hill into spring, and with that comes all kinds of new summer and seasonal design for marketing. This issue has some thoughtful items moreso than just eye-candy. Don't forget -- if you have an item for Creative Tidbits, just send it along -- we'll get right back to you! For now, enjoy . . .
- Textile artist Kustaa Saski delivers a world of psychedelic dreamscapes
- Which is better: mobile app development or responsive web design
- Graphic design seniors turn ideas into beautiful realities
- Special birthday shirts fly off rack
- The Science of Font Selection
Don't you just love election years? With Facebook becoming the public bully-pulpit for Kooks, jerks, brains, hucksters, criminals and even legitimate politicians you can find more interesting takes on art ever -- some good, and some will be bad but they'll all be fun. And, along with that comes the traditional discussion of various logos. The web is now full of logo designers, in fact you can't hardly turn a page without hitting two or three! Anyway, this is my surf for creative stuff over the past couple of weeks and it's a trilogy. Watch for the other two parts next week!
- Students create logos for an upcoming international event
- Logo design: how to stop Twitter hating your new logo
- RI Artscape: Reading The Presidential Campaign Logos
- Iordanis Passas offers the Baston display font
- Six Foot Giraffe is where I keep my things.
- 6 (More) Tips to Get Past a Creative Block
As this video depicts, this possibly could be the BEST thing to come out of Adobe in a decade -- and for now they're FREE . . . the SPARK suite is awesome ! ... let me know what you think -- and if you create a SPARK project, be sure and link it to ME for a free professional graphic design critique! #video #videostory #designvideo #designtools #adobe #adobespark #socialmedia #facebook #pinterest #storytelling #60-Seconds #marketing May 19, 2016
You've heard me speak of Seymour Chwast many times in the past. He's an icon of the graphic design world, and when he speaks -- designers should listen. That's why I just had to post this as soon as I discovered it. Thanks to Steven Heller for passing this along. This is good stuff, folks, don't miss it ! April 29, 2016
This is why I love doing the creative tidbits. Sometimes we have some simple ones and sometimes complicated ones. This week, we've even got a very cool nne new video you don't want to miss! And, yes, yet another Adobe shortcuts chart to end all shortcuts charts. Jump in and enjoy ... and don't forget to send me your favorites to share with DTG readers.
- Artist Brian Yap on How iPad Apps Transformed The Way He Works
- Tobias Saul lettering, typography, illustration excellence
- HUGE Adobe Shortcuts charts in infographic
- A great logo Hewlett-Packard isn't using?