Here we go into 2014 our 24th year online and our 26th year publishing DTG Magazine. Creative inspiration is what jogs you off your stagnent creative block. See some of these and join us each week for another creative discovery tour ... here we go: Best of 2013: Top Tips, Insights, and Tricks Here's the typography daily blog 3D Type Sculptures + Animation Professionals vs. Amateurs The Design Federation Painting Supersized
... and more ! January 14, 2014
s we highlighted in the Gallery for the Fall Fonts Fest, chalk art is a growing craze that really takes a lot of talent. Well, now there's a very cool App for Macintosh and Windows that may reduce a lot of the need for talent because it actually simulates chalkboard art! Amazing! December 17, 2013
It's not a new trend. Clients have been asking to 'edit' their own web pages since the early 1990s. The problem was, for years, it was html or nothing! For years we tried them all from 'piggyback' programs to designing and building CGI page generaters from scratch. Then Content Management System concept was born. November 29, 2013
From Bangladesh to Belarus, entries have flooded in from all corners of the world for the International Olympic Committee’s competition to design the medal for the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games. And, with just four weeks to go until the deadline for submissions, IOC President Thomas Bach has urged young designers not to miss this historic opportunity. November 11, 2013
The creative inspiration quest continues and edition features two videos along with some extraordinary illustration and a conversation with a designer about the new iPhone interface ... here we go:
* PaperSpecs Reveals the Trials and Triumphs of Designing Print Projects
* Brobesity? 3-D Avatars Of The Average Joe Are A Hefty Dose Of Reality
* Several iOS 7 Design Choices Criticized By Experienced Designer
* Christoph Niemann: Illustrator, Graphic Designer
* Skinhead culture in graphic design
* Back to the drawing board
... and more ! October 28, 2013
Adobe's site is a wealth of information if you can get to it. We ran across just one of these items in a Google search, and looked at the page to find all the rest. You may want to bookmark any of these to get you back there again. We'll update here too.
* Designers use Adobe Muse to build a map of Manhattan
* Long-exposure photography of Toby Harriman
* Fun with Photoshop layer management
* The Cutting Edge award : Cube Slam
* Creative Voices: Paula Scher
... and more ! October 26, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest moving toward November with some special insights into the creative spirit, and a visit to one of the most important studios of our time! Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Infographic: Just How Dangerous Is The Dye In Your Food?
* Smart people do smart things ... Jason Santa Maria
* Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design
* Can graphic design make feminism cool?
* Russia's Top 20 Designers Today
* Learn: Anatomy of a Typeface
... and more ! October 24, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest carry over into October, we're finding some great stuff to share. Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Cutting, carving, etching, gilding designs into glass
* Lights and Glamor mark this design studio's success
* A Design Studio Called Number 17, A Very Short List
* Virus Fonts express the spirit of the age . . .
* Barnbrook -- Studio 12 . . . spells "WOW"
* OMG it's Oliver Munday
... and more ! October 16, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest time again, but before we get into the dozens of items we have for the festival, we're still tracking creative learning in this edition . . .
* New initiative from Quadrant2Design, to cut the cost of graphic design to Zero
* How *Photoshop Brushes* Helps People Develop Their Graphic Design Skills
* 99Designs launches Swiftly: where a design change is $15 an hour
* Graphic design students win north american awards competition
* Design students create posters to tackle loan shark problem
* Minimal Sneaker Study | Jack Stocker’s Nike Exhibit
* Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
* Five Best Jobs for Those in Print Design
* Varun Nunkoo – Passion, dream and talent
* Summer shirts from Cuckoos Nest
... and more ! September 30, 2013