Meet Flora Borsi a Photographer, Visual Artist and Freelance Graphic Designer from Hungary -- one of our April Designing Women series features! She uses exquisite photo manipulation to create surreal images that are thematically focused who the human being -- including you and me! March 24, 2016
Customer-centric web design and UX is on everyone's mind in 2016. User-friendly websites should offer great content which is easy to find, quick to access and beautiful to look at. Yet so many companies seem to be falling at one of more of these hurdles ... Elisheva Sokolic takes look at these issues in today's web design! March 10, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #3 ~ March
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- March: Designing Women
- 21st Annual Designing Women Celebration:
New finds, old friends, remarkable designing women
- Designing Women : The remarkable Louise Fili
- Ilene Strizver : The hardest working woman in the Typography biz
- Favorite articles from Ilene Strizver, founder of The
Type Studio and TypeTalk at Creative Pro
- 60 Seconds #329 : 10 Ways to BREAK the Creative Block
for designers, illustrators, writers
- Web Design : Is Complex Graphic Design UX Friendly?
- This is one of the last sites where you will not be stalked
it's time to protect yourself from cookies
- 60-Seconds #330 : Is it a copy? Is it not a copy?
Copy-anti-copy? Plagiarism? Stock?
- Marilyn Monroe, August 1953: The Lost LOOK Photos
- At last, powerful 2D and 3D, world class CAD for Macintosh
- Better story telling and visual flow using StoryBoard Artist
- Designers' Concern : Countering the Growing Intellectual Property Theft Threat
- April is just around the corner
Dover passed along this book right at the right time -- our 20th Annual Designing Women edition! Marilyn Monroe was an icon of the silver screen picture era, and what a great addition to this year's "Women's History" month celebration . . . sample photos, and a lot more in the Bookshelf February 29, 2016
As we said in our cameo about Ilene Strizver, here are some of our favorite articles of Ilene's from over the years. If you read all these articles, you'll be smarter than most other graphic designers today! Have fun! February 26, 2016
Folks, meet Ilene Strizver, dsigner, type designers, and the hardest working woman in the Typography biz February 26, 2016
Welcome to the 2016 Designing Women edition, celebrating Women's History Month. This will be our 21st year of celebrating, and it continues to be one of our favorite editions, because we get to meet so many wonderful artists, designers, illustrators and photographers. Hope you enjoy this year's line-up, and don't forget to send in your portfolio, or nominations!
- Lucia Bustamante designing diversity
- TypeTalk: Most Notable Fonts of 2015
- An obsession with Grids
- Karina Mosqueda
- and more to come!
So here we go into summer's creative jam and designers' vacation! Get creative inspiration from your summer activities -- here are some starters to get your creative juices flowing :
- First look: two new digital magazines make unusual screenshot and icon choices
- Positive computing: technology for wellbeing and human potential
- 15 Practical Design Tweaks For Your Website In 2015
- 7 Tips for Creating Successful Infographics
- First Principles of Interaction Design
- 5 Ways to Find Creative Inspiration
The spring represents some special interests for graphic designers -- end of school, beginning of the summer buy and travel wave. Here are some starters to get your creative juices flowing :
- Pentagram's New School Rebrand: Best Thing Ever Or Unbearable Monstrosity?
- Perfect archives for collage artists, designers and collectors
- "Happy Town" by Katsumi Tamura wins Golden A' Design Award
- New Photography Acquisitions at Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- TypeTalk: How Good Typography Can Help Your Job Search
- UVU arts grads present final projects showcase
- Vordik Designer Spotlight: Damian Watracz
- Exhibit shows art of design legend
- Putting a typeface to the name
- ... and more !
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 25, #04 ~ April Here we are, moving forward into April, and part two of our Designing Women special. As always have a great month, and keep in touch . . .
- 20th Annual Designing Women Celebration Three: New finds, old friends
- 20th Annual Designing Women Celebration Four: Pins, needles, pens, paints and passion
- 60-Seconds #320 : Should history be erased? Should Google erase memories if they're out of date?
- Vintage printing effects with this new Photoshop plug-in Permanent Press
- Creative Tidbits #189: Oscars, Light Sabers and Football Helmets
- Creative Tidbits #190: Hip-hoppers, decades, Instagram, textures and more
- Marketing Update : Twitter, Facebook, Direct Mail, Press Releases, Video and more
- Advertising Update : Brand-Protection, cookies, digital ads, ad strategy
- Marketing Update : Click-through, Customers, Mobile, Email, PR Pros and more
- Marketing Update : March Marketing Madness
- Create a Whole New World of Video with Red Giant Universe VFX
- Know how to fold? Use the Folding Genius AI Version 2 for Mac and Win
- Graphic Design App Candy Apple Updated with more WOW features!
- & Else : News, Views and Reviews from the News Department
- April is brought to you by
- Looking ahead: May, June July
April 1, 2015