Bridget Haina, accomplished design educator discusses the Gestalt Principles of Design. For more than a century, and thousands of hours of research and study, these lessons have been established as the most important factors of visual design -- for all designers! Thank you Bridget for helping get visual designers on the right track! September 13, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #2 ~ February
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are celebrting Presidents, and Black History Month in the cold, cold winter
- February: In search of Martin Luther King Jr.
- 26th year of DT&G --- did you miss me ?
- Creative Tidbits #201: Trump, Iranian type, Adobe Post, classic signs and more
- In search of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Vintage Valentine's Cuts copyright free clip art on CD-ROM
- 60-Seconds #328 : Why do cybercrime spam cartels keep sending the same, tired old spam?
- Ad Blockers : people finally had enough and now see no ads! Can you blame them?
- 60-Seconds #327 : Who establishes the logo design trends for 2016?
- Awesome Steampunk photo manipulations and photo-realistic illustrations!
- Creative Tidbits #202: anti-drug drive posters, Bikinis, Photoshop Action and more
- Awesome Photographic modifications and manipulations that defy reality
- Creative coloring apps for designers and illustrators of all ages
- Dinotopia: A Land Apart from Time ... inspiration for artists and visionaries
- A New Year and A New Look: McDonald's Global Packaging Launches In Style
- WATCH for upcoming changes in the sites and in the editorial slant
Design management consultant Ted Leonhardt, formerly global head of Anthem, has penned a series of columns dealing with business issues facing emerging designers. In this edition, Ted helps up-and-coming creatives approach the interview and negotiation situation with confidence and ... success! January 22, 2015
Design management consultant Ted Leonhardt, formerly global head of Anthem, has penned a series of columns dealing with business issues facing emerging designers. In this edition, Ted's client asks if he's charged too much in a proposal -- Ted asks the right questions to lead his client to a happy solution
Ted now relates the conversations . . . May 12, 2014
Design & Publishing Center NEWSLETTER
Vol. 23, #8 - AUGUST, 2013
01 BACK TO DESIGN SCHOOL . . .
02 Getting ideas and design inspiration by looking at unusual beer bottle label designs
03 Product labeling and packaging study for inspiration and design ideas
04 Best books for learning Design, Typography & Graphics
05 Photoshop (Video) Madness for Back to School
06 Tutorial: Using Adobe Photoshop to Draw a Paint Brush
07 PSD Tutorial : 4 dotted line drawing methods in Photoshop
08 Natural Newborn Baby Photography: A Guide to Posing, Shooting, and Business
09 60-Second Window #300 : Junk Mail Names
10 Jordan Rudess brings musical apps to the iPad or iPhone that WOW the world
11 Creative Graphic Design: Learning Design, Typography & Graphics
12 Creative Inspiration: Sagmeister Happy Show, Design for Good, Awards and more
13 Creative learning: Harry Potter design, HOW Design, UCLan Graphic Design, and Awards
14 Modern Photo Editor for iOS: Full Resolution Image Editing to 8 MP
15 &Else . . . News, Views & Reviews
16 ALERTS POSTED : Protect yourself and friends from online evils
17 SEPTEMBER: FALL FONTS FESTIVAL
18 August is racing toward the fall . . . August 1, 2013
Table of Contents : What's here:
* 01 Greetings to JULY . . .
* 02 Let me send you some free Design books :
* 03 July Creative Two, Too
* 04 Creative inspiration Summertime, outdoors, awards, ugly Powerpoints
* 05 Vintage Art : wonderful tags, cards and cigar labels for decorative reference
* 06 Photoshop Madness: JULY Flags and other madness
* 07 Karen negotiates for a salary in a design position at a design firm
* 08 Magazine Apps: Why So Bloated?
* 09 Turn Gigantic Print Reference Content into Lightweight Apps
* 10 Customize the Way You Display
* 11 Procreate app Sketch, paint, create wins Apple's Design Award at WWDC 2013
* 12 Ji Lee: bubbles to words to pictures to books . .
* 13 Marketing Update : baseball, apple pie, and marketing
* 14 Marketing Update : Learning from the past, Lead dynamics
* 15 Marketing Update : Charts, Videos, Banners, and Mix Thoroughly
* 16 Publishing Update - profits vs downfall? Printing predictions
* 17 Next Month : AUGUST is BACK TO (DESIGN) SCHOOL
* Final words from the Editor July 1, 2013
Table of Contents : What's here:
* 01 JUNE: Design Vacation
* 02 Photoshop Madness : Summertime COLOR
* 03 Photoshop Tutorial : Create a Vibrant Flaming Abstract Space Artwork
* 04 Photoshop Tutorial: Create rusted metal text
* 05 What is Responsive Web Design?
* 06 The Design Center presents Design & Publishing Updates :
* 07 Spring Creative . . . Creative Update #1
* 08 Fonts & Illustration . . . Creative Update #2
* 09 Creative inspiration . . . Creative Update #3
* 10 PUBLISHING UPDATE - profits vs downfall? Printing predictions
* 11 Marketing Update : Market smart, build a better pitch
* 12 Online Social Media Update : JUNE, vacations, travel
* 13 Web Update for the first quarter of 2013. . .
* 14 &Else News, Views and Reviews
* 15 Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning
* 16 Graphic Design Book of the Month CLUB
* 17 JUNE gets hot, stay cool, enjoy your summer
. . . and more June 1, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #3 ~ March, 2013
01 March on: Designing Women
02 DW Photoshop: Create cool, splashy typography using Adobe Photoshop
03 DW Feature: Are You Stuck in a Spiral? 6 Steps You Can Take To Get Out!
04 DW Feature: Heather Keogh : Green Screen Photography
05 DW Feature: LAWS of Authorship
06 18th Annual Designing Women Celebration
07 Photoshop Madness Meets Designing Women
08 10 Simple Presentation Tips for Professionals
09 60 Seconds Blog : Spectacular Vertical Gardens
10 60 Seconds Blog : False Advertising ???
11 Brick and Mortar Dying While Digital is Flying
12 &Else News, Views & Reviews
13 DTG Pinterest
14 Facebook Timeline Winners for 2012, on Pinterest
15 The Publishers' Warehouse
16 DTG Facebook antics & Designing Women
17 Next Month: Designing Spring March 22, 2013
* February: Love, Art, History
* 18th Annual Black History Month Art Celebrations
* Black History Month Poster
* 60 SECONDS - CREATIVE Tidbits : Valentine's Do It Yourself
* Adobe Illustrator Gradient Mesh distorts images
* Web Critique : Thumbs DOWN for Zubera classifieds
* The Art of Boudoir Photography: How to Create Stunning Photographs of Women
* 1,000 Poses for Creating Stunning Photographs of Women
* FunctionFox says Small Creative Companies are Poised for Growth in 2013
* 5 Tips for Turning Your Blog Into a Book
* Ricoh Americas: ‘Unstructured knowledge’ is the challenge of our time
* Marketing Update #2: Data is the New Creative
* Marketing Update #1: Winter tips for the wise
* Web Update for a new year . . .
* Publishing Update #2: death knell for the print industry?
* Publishing Update #1: 2013 Here we come
* Online Social Media #1 for January
* Online Social Media #2: Tips and tricks to improve Facebook
* Online Social Media #3: Reaching your reader
* DESIGNING WOMEN
* Reader Web Sites for Review
* &ELSE News & Views
* Free stuff ... books, software, more for you
* Editor's Last Words
and more ! February 1, 2013
FoxLv2 Platinum Bluetooth Audio Purists’ Ultimate Hifi Portable Speakers actually deliver on their advertising claims -- and then some! Yes, we got the promo from Karen Thomas -- and she's usually pretty much on the money -- but they were strong words, we'd heard before. I was detirmined to get a good set of portable speakers for use in the Roadtrek and on the road. But I really didn't decide to make the leap until I saw the Jordan Rudessvideo. December 24, 2012
- 1 of 4