The client hands you a stack of printed material to digest in the next project. What do you do? The more work you can get done for you, the better you'll be, right? Typing is one chore that really hasn't been innovated. Now, OCRWizard 4.0, optical character recognition (OCR) and PDF document conversion application for macOS could relieve you of at least some of those chores. OCRWizard converts any PDF, scanned documents, or image files (including the picture of business card) into searchable PDF, Word, Pages, HTML, Excel, Keynote, and ePub, etc. on Mac. November 16, 2016
I don't know about you, but at one time iMovie was a quick and easy movie editing app where you could combine some video takes into meaningful video in just a few clicks. Well, Apple saw fit to keep making it more and more difficult to use -- hoping to push you to their Final Cut product -- and now it's about too frustrating to use. Well, now there's MovieMerge+ October 27, 2016
Working with lots of images can sometimes have problems. You've tried the icon view, and various contact sheet methods. Both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements have their own built in image browsing utilities -- but nobody has come up with the light table functionality we enjoyed for decades in the professional world. October 26, 2016
Yupo Corporation America, a leading global manufacturer of synthetic paper, has announced the winners of the 2016 Wally Awards, the company’s annual design competition. This paper gives beautiful print reproduction -- it's water-proof and tear-resistant -- plus tree-free recyclability! October 22, 2016
When you need to work with images and segments of a video after production, you need the best functionality you can get. Deframe is a video post-production utility that gives you an easy way to extract and repurpose the images and segments within your video assets. October 21, 2016
Although there are all kinds of color filter generators online, and, you've probably developed your own tricks and workflows, you should never pass up the opportunity to work with yet another image manipulation filter. We had a lot of fun with this one, and I think you'll benefit here too! October 20, 2016
Welcome to September, and the opening of Fall!
- Wow... our 22nd annual FONTS FESTIVAL!
- 22nd Fonts Fest: moving type, type for lawyers, cancer type and more
- Typographer's Majestic Treasure Chest with 45 awesome caligraphic fonts
- FFF #2: A Tattoo font, some calligraphy, a weird sans, . . . a slab and even a caps marker font!
- Photoshop Madness: Add A Realistic Old Photo Effect To Any Photo with Photoshop
- 60-Seconds #336 : You Are Annoying Your Customers? Do you know why?
- Creative Tidbits #213: the world's ugliest color, beyond CMYK. . . free photos, icons and more
- VIDEO Tutorial : How To Make Images Look Old using Photoshop
- Marketing Update : ad strategies, food trends, direct mail, making money and more
- 5 Signs That It's Time to Update Your Website
- Social Media Update : Celebrity Posts, Facebook Likes, Twitter Tactics, . . . media failures and more
- Ad Blockers : ad poison, skip button, pernicious Facebook,
- . . . Adblock, WSJ, reader blocking
- A Sad day for P22
- The end of the Publishers' Warehouse
- Autumn is here... gearing up
If your website is currently helping your company, you might not think that it needs to be updated. However, a website that has not met the sales or branding goals that your company has established should be updated. While it might not need an entire redesign, a website refresh could help to bring your business better results. August 19, 2016
Isn't it funny that our profession is built so heavily on advertising yet I've become such a staunch advocate against it. There's a point at which advertising has become divisive and sinister. The advertising industry in their unquenchable thirst for revenue has given the store away and are making too much money to ever become honorable again.
Advertising is a form of communication between two entities. When one side of the conversation becomes deceptive and fallacious, then it's time to end the conversation and part company. The problem is, the industry has become so good at hiding their malicious intent, few web surfers are aware of the dangers. As graphic designers, we take pride in the visual storytelling and persuasion on behalf of our clients -- but graphic design has very, very little to do with advertising on the web. Join me in the fight against malicious advertising ... hooray for ad blockers! August 16, 2016
In celebration of the upcoming August 5th "National Coloring Day" we're showing some of our favorite experiences -- whether it's for creative inspiration or just the love of coloring complicated, detailed patterns -- by any name -- these tessellations or techellations will make you crazy with glee! August 3, 2016