Here we go with a lot of fun video -- just in time for the 4th of July! Jenny Claire Fox has it all going on -- and quite an online entrepreneur, killing it on YouTube, Twitter and all the social networks! Some of these tutorials are amazing ... so good it makes me feel like doing my own nails! July 1, 2016
Artboard 2 for the Mac is a full-featured drawing software to create crisp vector graphics and layered illustrations. For the versatility and price, we're thinking this could be the next generation's Illustrator -- at a fraction of the cost, without being held hostage! June 27, 2016
Textkraft is a professional writing app, specifically developed for authors, editors, translators and other prolific writers. Delivering the first comprehensive mobile production studio, version 4.1 comes with many new and updated features, that are of great interest for self-publishers. Writers can be even more productive on their iPad. June 23, 2016
What started as a backyard hobby has grown into a full scale art genre of its own! For the third year, you can join the world's elite -- but there isn't much time left to participate in the amazing 3rd edition of the Dronestagr.am International Drone Photography Contest in partnership with National Geographic from May 30th to June 30th. June 22, 2016
Patina, which is useful for making simple drawings and sketches, as well as for doing basic image editing tasks, had the highest user rating among the top 10 most downloaded free apps in the Graphics & Design category in the Mac App Store. June 21, 2016
Perfect for photo enthusiasts, PSMania allows anyone to apply fun and interesting image processing effects on their photos and images. There are more than thirty different image filters to choose from, and most offer a slider to instantly adjust the filter parameters in real time. Best of all, you can see the effect in live video mode. It is so easy-to-use and no learning is needed June 17, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #6 ~ June
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- SURF's UP.. on the web
- Creative Tidbits #208: Smile design, fabric design, publishing, rip off design and more
- 60 Seconds 333: Google searches fail. Is it time for a new search engine?
- Creative Tidbits #207: pricing tips, tshirts, font selection, responsive design and more
- Color : Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Art and Design offer superb inspiration for today's designers
- Creative Tidbits #206: political logos, fonts, pen & ink, creative blocks and more
- Washington Technology Announces Industry Days Lineup at ACQUIRE Show
- Welcome to Adobe Spark! A new way to generate social media content
- Adobe Spark: Creating Effective Video for your Cause or Crowdfunding Campaign
- Spark Spotlight: How a Bike Shop Spurred a Pedal Revolution
- Marketing Update : Prince's death, Coachella, strategy, franchisees, Surveys and more
- NO MORE SUBMISSIONS -- the honor system is dead!
- July, August and Summertime Design
The Industry Days lineup at the ACQUIRE show features an all-star line-up of information and opportunity! This is a two-day educational event and tradeshow for government and military professionals looking to deliver on their agencies’ missions. May 20, 2016
There's nothing better than historic reference for graphic design, illustration and art inspiration and idea sourcing. These books are inexpensive, but offer a huge opportunity to explore. Besides, I've included a pile of free sample files to get you started! April 27, 2016
The Typographics festival brings you the opportunity to participate in a variety of learning programs that inspire innovative and creative thinking about typographic design. The festival at The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art offers a variety of workshops, type-centric tours -- meet and greet with movers and shakers in typography! April 26, 2016