Everything changes, so Zevrix has to keep up ... they have upgraded their Package Central 1.7, a compatibility update to its document packaging workflow automation solution for Adobe InDesign. July 23, 2013
The Tiffen Company today announced its iPad app, Tiffen Photo fx Ultra v5, has been named "Best Mobile Photo App of 2013" by the prestigious Technical Image Press Association. Tiffen Photo fx Ultra v5 allows users to simulate many popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters, specialized lenses, optical lab processes, film grain, exacting color correction, natural light, and photographic effects directly from their iPads and share via Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, email and more. July 22, 2013
We're really digging Procreate. This app for iPad is widely recognised by illustrators and artists as the most advanced creative app available -- now they've won acoveted Apple Design Award at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
June 12, 2013
As we move into June publishing has mixed news from the death knoll to new profits and opportunities -- keeping print relevant, serif vs sans, comeback for magazines and more . . . here's the latest publishing update:
* Why printers must ask themselves, 'Is my business irreplaceable?'
* Smarter direct mail: Advances in print that can boost ROI
* How print stays relevant in a digital world
* Survey: Dramatic Q1 plunge in print profits
* The final battle between serif and sans
* Web sparks print comeback for magazines
* Print delivers your message
* Paper is eco-friendly
and more ... June 3, 2013
So publishing now emerges from the world of 'big data' and who can predict what's going to happen with publishing brands . . . here's the latest publishing update:
* As loophole allows end to some Saturday USPS deliveries, magazines explore alternate options
* International Survey of Industry Consultants Reveals Predictions For The Future Of Print
* Business printing, branding and your costs May 27, 2013
EggMaps HD 1.04, is an important update to one of our favorite navigation apps for iPad. Offering a visually appealing directions-list view, with the map of your route in the background, EggMaps HD is the iPad-only app that provides Google Maps at full resolution. Unlike the iPhone version of Google Maps, EggMaps HD takes advantage of the larger iPad screen. Version 1.04 adds markers, terrain view and a much easier Street View. May 24, 2013
equinux announces the release of Mail Designer 1.3 for Mac. equinux enhances Mail Designer, its tool for creative professionals, with an interface to send and distribute mail designs and newsletters with Campaign Monitor. This integration greatly improves the marketing workflow for freelancers, creative professionals, and companies. Mail Designer and Campaign Monitor are ideal for launching newsletter campaigns and reaching large audiences. Users can build and create their own mail designs. May 20, 2013
Dig in and target the right market. Although ebooks now outsell print, there's still a huge and ready market . . . here's the latest publishing update:
* Survey: 87 percent of US magazine and newspaper publishers have an iPad app
* Printed customer communications — marketing opportunity or inconvenience?
* 75% of Advertisers Use Social Ads, Half Integrate With Print
* Global newspaper trends: Readership remains high
* To print or not to print? That is the question
* Mobile2Print: the future of print?
* Print Media's Digital Malpractice
* Copyright smarts
and more ... May 20, 2013
Award winning book app author, speaker and coach, Karen Robertson, takes readers through what a book app is, the step-by-step process for creating a storybook app and shares the personal stories 27 writers who've published book apps for the iPad. May 19, 2013