Advertising Update : broadcast vs. print, Sensory Marketing, Facebook will screw you, reader attention, not clicks
The ad industry has been screwing their clients ever since the first online ad was served in 1995. The ad industry prostituted itself so badly they got the cost of ads to almost nothing or free. So to back peddal, they've had to devise all kinds of contorted ripps to make money while still sticking it to the publishers. All that is about to get worse as they bring in attention advertising.
- Broadcasters appear to have won -- as newspapers see few gains in ad spending
- Sensory Marketing Is the Next Frontier in Mobile Advertising
- Why native advertising won't overtake traditional ads -- yet
- Selling advertisers on reader attention, not clicks
- How Facebook plans to control digital advertising
- . . . and more!