Okay ... we're back with the second part of our vintage travel poster and label surf for the fonts festival . . . there is a lot of type, lettering and layout design learning to be found in these excellent collections from the past! You're gonna like these September 10, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #9 ~ SEPTEMBER
* Welcome to September & the 19th Annual Fall Fonts Fest
* Typography & Lettering Design inspiration found in vintage travel posters and tags
* Typographical Flourishes The Easy Way
* Photoshop Madness for the Fonts Festival
* The Font Rainbow
* The 19th Annual Typography, Lettering, Fonts & cool stuff Surf
* Type, Typography & Lettering Books revisited
* 4 Apps to Enhance the TV Second-Screen Experience
* Chalkboard art & typography: real skills and craft
* Transform photos into stunning, unforgettable paintings and drawings
* BWStyler creates traditional B&W looks as well as stylish new effects
* Here comes a collection of Free Fonts From 128bit Technologies
* Artist David Scott Leibowitz unveils iPhone/iPad Art Book
* Now You Can Sketch Portraits Like a Pro
* iDraw now imports/exports Adobe Photoshop!
* What do you have on Pinterest?
* TypeZilla : the super premium typography set for only $32
* &Else : News, Views & Reviews for September September 1, 2013
Here's a special edition of PHOTOSHOP MADNESS specifically for text, type, typography and fonts techniques. You'll find 1,100,000 tutorials on the web for text effects, all claiming to be the 'best' Photoshop text effects. In reality there are only a few hundred, because the vast array of several thousand replicator sites have picked up the same tutorials and lay claim to them but redirect you to another site. Some are really good, others really, really suck, like those loaded with screen spam, stalker links and pop-ups that take over your system and won't let you go!
These tutorials have been tested to be pretty good -- and you note we actually give credit to the original site, listing the site name. There are a lot more we'll be sending out over the weeks to come :
* Create a Shiny, Gold, Old World Text Effect in Photoshop
* Create a Steam Powered Typographic Treatment
* Place An Image In Text With Photoshop
* Great Gooey Photoshop Text Tutorial
* Delicious Bagels Text Effect
... and MORE August 30, 2013
All year long, I've been saving up typography references for our annual fonts surf. There are now so many typography knock-off and replicator sites it is almost no longer worth the surf. With Pinterest, and any number of other specialized social networking sites with topics, you're almost sure to get an overload of visual stimulation very quickly. So, sit back and take a little time . . .
* Accidental Typographer
* Children’s Media Conference 2013
... and more: August 30, 2013
I ran across an article the other day that was attempting to teach when to use serif fonts in stead of sans serif. All it talked about were the little "feet" (it called them) and really didn't teach anything at all. That's the problem with people finding tutorials on the web. If they don't know any better, they will take the articles as gospel. Which could be very wrong. If you want to learn the real lesson from a pro, then don't necessarily believe everything you read on the web. We believe you will benefit greatly from these books -- we can attest, their information is correct. August 29, 2013
Chalkboard lettering has become a real craft, and all around the world people are specializing in this craft. Some actually use chalk on a chalkboard, others use specially treated inks on blackboards for permenant lettering. Either way, it's not the easiest craft -- if you've tried it -- but it's sure in demand. Enjoy this selection of samples, and tips on finding many more August 28, 2013
There are several new collections coming your way during this year's 19th Annual Fall Fonts Festival, and this one has some unique characters. Follow along and you'll enjoy the ride . . . August 26, 2013
The online quest for cool type, typography, fonts, lettering and calligraphy goes on -- some of these are really the best we've seen so far! Don't forget to send YOURS!. Now here's what's in the 6th edition:
* Are Some Fonts More Believable Than Others?
* Pablo Impallari solves the script problem
* Peanut Butter & Jelly Ampersand!
* Smart logo begins as Helvetica
* Johnny Martz is BACK
... and more! October 1, 2012