I know -- to a graphic designer, there's nothing better than fresh fonts to bring meaning, tone and mood to any visual communication design project. Remember that the font you use is the voice of your communication. There are so many fonts out there these days, that a design professional should never need to use the same font twice. Well, that may be a bit of a stretch -- but with our February fonts selection, I think you'll have some distinctive graphic design solutions with real voice! Have fun . . . February 9, 2016
Here, we've tried to pick the very best in both technique and styling. You know you've got really creative thinking when you've made typography out of chocolate or paper or sticks and grass. In this collection you'll see some amazing lettering from carefully engineered to tea leaves! Enjoy! September 28, 2015
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 25, #10 ~ October
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to the holiday seasons, and the start of a brand new 2016!
- Happy October, autumn, Fall and The Holidays
- Ten Years Ago
- Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum unveils Louise Fili Font
- Photoshop Madness : fall facebook madness reveals some real mad winners!
- Inspiration : Amazing type, font and lettering treatments that show true creativity!
- Pope Francis Visits America -- fun and educational
- Surfing for lessons, inspiration, neon, terms, and the culture of typography: surf #5
- Nikita Prokhorov is the real deal: Logos, lettering, and visions that move
- Download 500 free fonts in a single download? Seriously?
- 21st Annual Fonts Festival : fonts, lettering and typography surf #4
- Clementine Font: A bit of Victoriana whimsy from Ted Staunton
- Photoshop: Create type made from grass
- Meet Scott Biersack
- Creative Tidbits #197: spectacular drone shots to advice for branding and more
- Steampunk style, resources and amusements
- Have a great October September 28, 2015
Now we continue with an unusual mix of talents from urban neon artist to a typography lesson from noted typography trainer and expert, Ilene Strizver! We're almost finished on surf #6, so better get into this one right away!
- Branding requires a balance between strategy and design.
- Type Terms You Need to Stop Confusing
- Type integration into illustration
- The Culture and knowledge of Type . . .
- Urban Interventions
The guys from MacAppware are celebrating the 21st Annual Fall Fonts Festival with a pile of new fonts to their Free Fonts collection, bringing the new total to over 500 -- all in a single download! Think about it -- you'd spend literally months downloading all these fonts, individually, from the 'free' fonts sites! September 24, 2015
We have discovered some really incredible resources! That's the really rewarding thing about the festival -- the opportunity to meet and discover so many talents. And, we want to thank everyone for sending in their suggestions!
In today's surf we visit some unique individuals, and we'll se some really good fonts . . .
- Hidden talent Save the Children Indonesia campaign
- Hand-Lettered Logotypes by Dmitriy Tkachev
- Pardon My French by Vegetal Identity
- Typerror beauty in hand lettering
- The Impregnable Script Font
We've talked about P22 more than we really should over the years, but this new one from Ted Staunton is too nice to ignore. We often talk about decorative fonts leading us to different times, moods and emotions -- well Clementine does just that! September 22, 2015
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 25, #09 ~ September
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to the 21st Annual Fall Fonts Festival!
01 21st Annual Fall Fonts Festival
02 Meet Doyald Young, Logotype Designer and Typographer
03 Photoshop : Deke McClelland teaches creating Hobbit text
04 Most recommended, top quality fonts for Designers
05 DTG Magazine Picks Favorite Typography and Lettering on Pinterest
06 21st Annual Fonts Festival : fonts, lettering and typography surf #1
07 21st Annual Fonts Festival : fonts, lettering and typography surf #2
08 21st Annual Fonts Festival : fonts, lettering and typography surf #3
09 Video training for type, typography, lettering and more
10 Photoshop: Creating Watercolor, Scatter and Smoke brushes in Photoshop
11 Hand Lettering, Signage, and typography illumination books for everyone
12 Video : Brush Pen Lettering No.2 with Matt Vergotis
13 Typography arts : How to know if a font sucks
14 Creative tidbits 194 ~ The Web from good to bad to ugly and back again -
15 Creative Tidbits #195: Fabian Font, Design Not Adobe, the future of Design
16 Here we are... Fall Festival ... then the Holidays September 1, 2015
When we first started the Fonts Fest some twenty-one years ago, we mainly concentrated on fonts. There were hardly any good free fonts. So we focused on bringing fonts to the design community. Today, there are fonts everywhere -- so now we look at the creative side of using fonts and actually creating our own typography by hand. August 31, 2015
After about a decade of fonts festivals -- once YouTube became main stream -- videos about type, calligraphy, lettering and typography began to become available on the web! For the past four years or so videos on the subject have proliferated -- today there are tens of thousands of videos online all about typography. Some are just typing with music. Many are instructional. Here are just a few we've picked out for this year's venue -- but offer a lot of opportunities once you begin to discover their authors. Have fun August 28, 2015