Trying to find all the good stuff on type, lettering, calligraphy, typography and branding online is a monumental task. Sites like Tumblr and Pinterest now rule the bandwidth with literally millions of great samples of type and typography. So I've just picked out a very few of the ones I think merits the attention of anyone interested in visual communications. August 19, 2015
THREE DECADES AGO, with the advent of electronic publishing and nouveau design practitioners, many either didn't know basic typography, or they didn't care to remember. The roots of type and typography is evidenced in every letter we see. We're taught at a very young age to recognize letter forms. It's a basic common denominator in our society. August 13, 2015
Need a fresh design perspective? Tired of using the same old looking fonts? Need to change up the text style in a presentation, print project or a graphic design project? Download brand new premium font designs that just came off the development floor at 128bit Technologies, MacAppware. Premium Fonts, version 5.0 now includes 147 original font families, with a total of 1,841 fonts in all.< December 29, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen, meet graphic designer and font virtuoso, Ms. Laura Worthington. We ran across Laura two years ago during the Fall Fonts Festival, and I earmarked her for a future piece. Well, during prep for December, I peeked in on her and WOW -- discovered "Adorn." Wow! This is not just a font, it's a period design genre! November 26, 2014
Well, we asked this question in a LinkedIn forum three years ago, so we decided to ask it again! DTG went into the very same LinkedIn group and asked this question: "If you could have only one font, which would it be and why?" September 29, 2014
No fonts fest is complete without free fonts, right? No need for us to give you fonts . . . you can just go here and download 350 fonts -- the only free commercial use font collection to receive regular updates of brand new fonts. We like'em ... you will too! September 26, 2014
Here's an interesting experiment in the minds of graphic designers . . . in the 2010 annual fonts fest we went to a graphic design forum on LinkedIn and asked the question. This year we returned to the very same forum and asked the very same question. Whoa! What a difference! September 24, 2014
Sometimes I run into conversations that I just can't resist passing along. Such is this one I ran across on LinkedIn. But what are your thoughts with asked "What's the most overused font of contemporary design?" I have my ideas, and you'd expect passionate responses from any designer of some background and knowledge. Let's see what the LinkedIn graphic design professionals believe the answer is. . . September 13, 2014
You are going to like the look of ARTZ ... it's one of the the newest wood type to be cut at Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum. It was designed by venerable type designer Erik Spiekermann for his own print studio (P98a in Berlin), specifically to be cut into large size wood type. September 10, 2014
- The 20th Anniversary Fonts Fest Part TWO
- Fonts, lettering and typography surf FOUR
- Jim Parkinson : half-century of typography
- New found free Script fonts for the 20th year!
- Photoshop : Never make a Photoshop or Illustrator Style again!
- Graphic Designers Ask : How much should I charge
- 60-Seconds #315 : LinkedIN thinks 360,000 people, including me, are stupid.
- Creative Update 179 -- Graphic Design Creative Inspiration
- GraphicConverter gets an upgrade, and a New Image Verifier
- Marketing Update : AdWords Etiquette, Content Skills, and do we really trust advertising?
- LightWave 3D Group Ultimate Creativity Bundle with OctaneRender
- &Else: All-In-One Mobile 3D Modeling App rivals 3D workstation software
- &Else: An animated template for graphic seals in FinalCut Pro
- &Else: Awesome new features, Pixelmator may be the Photoshop Killer!
- &Else: Help from ColorLogic's color management for more consistent color results
- This Year's Fonts Fest Poster
- Enjoy September... onward toward October