Kirk McElhearn writes about Macs, iPods, iTunes, books, music and more, as a Senior Contributor to Macworld. He is also a regular contributor to TidBITS, as well as several other web sites and magazines. He is co-host of The Next Track and The Committed podcast; and has written more than twenty books, including Take Control books about iTunes. While reading a recent post about streaming music I was compelled to respond. Kirk wrote : June 28, 2016
2014 was a great year for Photo Apps, and we're predicting that 2015 will be better yet. By all means, please send us your reviews or favorites so we can share as well and have fun testing these:
- Magic Hour Lite - Camera & Unlimited Filter
- Social Network for Amateur Photographers
- Hyperlapse from Instagram
- Repost for Instagram
- Camera360 Ultimate
- Photo Reflection
- and MORE ...
Here we go . . . the LAST Creative Tidbits column for 2014. Say goodbye to the year, and get yourself ready to ramp up in January. A lot happened in the year, and you can go back and find more than twenty Creative columns in 2014. Have fun earning from these:
- The New Pantone 'Color of the Year' for 2015 is Pantone 18-1438 Marsala
- A New Book Examines the History of Graphic Design in California
- Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
- interview with illustrator and designer jean jullien
- Artists launch street sculpture exhibit program
- Brewing up a new identity for Coffee Officina
- Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
- Buy A Logo - 10 Tips For Better Design
- Ten Questions for: Fernando Gutiérrez
- ... and more!
We never seem to slow down, but in many situations the creative spirit needs 'rest' -- so sit down and take it easy while you go through this week's creative tidbits. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Looking at the artwork of the Criterion Collection
- The Colorful History of California Graphic Design
- Design App is Apple's App of the Year runner-up
- A Photo Exhibit That Examines Climate Change
- Inside the Cinelli and Columbus factories
- How big data is revolutionizing design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Graphic Design
- How To Design A Killer Gig Poster
- Why Aren’t You Creative?
- ... and more! December 10, 2014
Getting ready to wrap up the year opens the slow season. However creativity for designers, illustrators, painters, photographers, typographers and anyone involved in the creative processes, or visual communications will not slow down. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Polk State Was a Beginning, and Without It, I Wouldn’t Be Where I am Today
- 5 Easy Ways To Create A Brilliant Background For Your LinkedIn Profile
- This Graphic Translates Web Design Feedback into Plain English
- LEGO BRICK: pinhole camera snaps tiny thumbnail-sized 'photos'
- I am the Jackie Robinson of Hip Hop Graphic Design!
- How optical illusions trick your brain
- Art Department Faculty Work Featured at the Kellogg Gallery
- Cincinnati Design Awards honors wide range of local projects
- ... and more!
- Paul McCartney and Nick Cave contribute hand drawn artwork for Alzheimer's Society
- $50 Discount to HOW Design Live Conference in Chicago, May 2015
- The 5 most common design mistakes in digital signage
- What deserves Cincy’s ‘Razzies’ of design?
- Translating print skills to Web design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Logo Design
- ... and more!
As many of you know I've been an avid spam fighter and anti-spam advocate since the dawn of email. You may remember several articles I've written over the past two decades about SpamCop. Well, with great sadness, in this edition, I bid farewell to Spamcop. November 4, 2014
Ever since the bottom dropped out of the Google AdSense revenue I've searched and puzzled for an answer without success. Then I began getting Link-Removal requests from sites I had vetted long ago. Then one day Chuck Green, owner of the Jumpola web site asked a question on Facebook. The comments to that question inspired me to share my experiences with Amazon affiliates, Google, Panda, Penguin, SEO, searches, link removal requests, and the cybercrime industry. July 26, 2014
Yes folks it's summertime, and it's time for some true Photoshop Madness . . . most of these are good, one is very, very good, and a couple are so long your butt will grow to the chair before you finish. Everybody and his brother and all of his cousins are doing Photoshop tutorials these days, it's just real difficult to find the good ones! Let's try :
[_] Create a Surreal "Parting of the Sea" Photo Manipulation
[_] Photoshop Tutorial: Create an Amazing Summer Flyer Design
[_] Create an Ice Cream Type Treatment in Photoshop
[_] Create a Beautifully Designed 3D Starfish Icon
[_] Create a Simple Holiday Postcard in Photoshop
[_] Nathan Brown : People Say We Monkee Around
[_] Photoshop : Adding a warm summer glow
. . . and MORE June 18, 2014
Ever since the social networking fad hit the internet a new genre of photography has become the most popular form of photography in history. It's called "BAD" photography. And since we're sick of seeing bad photography -- there are the Top 24 Photos We Wish We Didn't Have To Look At May 30, 2014
- 1 of 3