During our March and April "Women's History Month" we like to go back and revisit some of the rare talents we met years ago -- just to see how they're doing. This young talent in Seoul, South Korea caught our attention several years ago -- and we've been captivated ever since. This kind of special talent deserves a new visit every few years . . . hopefully there will be many more to come! March 1, 2014
Welcome to March, and our The 19th Annual Designing Women Edition! We're kicking off this year's celebration of Women's History Month with these outstanding women designers from the USA. These are also highlighted with samples, descriptions and links to their sites in our Designing Women pages! Enjoy February 27, 2014
We round out January and launch into February with this Creative update ... here we go:
Search for Canada’s 150th logo stirs graphic design challenge Jessica is back ... this time : Starbucks! Teen starts home-based graphics business GRAND THEFT needs GRAND Typography Design Spec sometimes pays off . . . Deborah Sussman interview
... and more ! January 27, 2014
Here we go into 2014 our 24th year online and our 26th year publishing DTG Magazine. Creative inspiration is what jogs you off your stagnent creative block. See some of these and join us each week for another creative discovery tour ... here we go: Best of 2013: Top Tips, Insights, and Tricks Here's the typography daily blog 3D Type Sculptures + Animation Professionals vs. Amateurs The Design Federation Painting Supersized
... and more ! January 14, 2014
So here we are in the throws of the holidays and while an estimated 28 million people will shop online on Black Friday* and Cyber-Monday*, we all can fondly remember, and celebrate the laughs and tears of holiday shopping! For five decades we've celebrated the "Miracle on 34th Street" style holiday shopping -- and thus enjoy this gallery of wonderful illustrations! November 20, 2013
The creative inspiration quest continues and edition features two videos along with some extraordinary illustration and a conversation with a designer about the new iPhone interface ... here we go:
* PaperSpecs Reveals the Trials and Triumphs of Designing Print Projects
* Brobesity? 3-D Avatars Of The Average Joe Are A Hefty Dose Of Reality
* Several iOS 7 Design Choices Criticized By Experienced Designer
* Christoph Niemann: Illustrator, Graphic Designer
* Skinhead culture in graphic design
* Back to the drawing board
... and more ! October 28, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest moving toward November with some special insights into the creative spirit, and a visit to one of the most important studios of our time! Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Infographic: Just How Dangerous Is The Dye In Your Food?
* Smart people do smart things ... Jason Santa Maria
* Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design
* Can graphic design make feminism cool?
* Russia's Top 20 Designers Today
* Learn: Anatomy of a Typeface
... and more ! October 24, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest carry over into October, we're finding some great stuff to share. Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Cutting, carving, etching, gilding designs into glass
* Lights and Glamor mark this design studio's success
* A Design Studio Called Number 17, A Very Short List
* Virus Fonts express the spirit of the age . . .
* Barnbrook -- Studio 12 . . . spells "WOW"
* OMG it's Oliver Munday
... and more ! October 16, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest time again, but before we get into the dozens of items we have for the festival, we're still tracking creative learning in this edition . . .
* New initiative from Quadrant2Design, to cut the cost of graphic design to Zero
* How *Photoshop Brushes* Helps People Develop Their Graphic Design Skills
* 99Designs launches Swiftly: where a design change is $15 an hour
* Graphic design students win north american awards competition
* Design students create posters to tackle loan shark problem
* Minimal Sneaker Study | Jack Stocker’s Nike Exhibit
* Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
* Five Best Jobs for Those in Print Design
* Varun Nunkoo – Passion, dream and talent
* Summer shirts from Cuckoos Nest
... and more ! September 30, 2013