Do you remember when Google came out with Penguin, how they would penalize any site with 'false' links? Then all this talk about mobilegeddon, and how Google has become the internet police and the ministry of information -- all about 'honesty' on the web. Google's "honesty" took a big hit when I wanted to contact a Tupperware sales representative in my own town. But, the search results were the last thing I expected -- and certainly the last thing I wanted. April 28, 2015
Today, the new generic top-level domains (gTLDs), the thousands of new domain extensions such as '.photography', '.london' etc., that will be flooding into the market over the next few months, took a step forward and entered a new phase where they are open to applications from anyone. November 19, 2013
ICANN seems to be doing everything to enhance its own wellfair, but nothing to protect netizens.
* Why are they adding so many new TLDs? They cannot even administrate the ones we have, and they are perpetually putting responsibility into hands that should never have it! This special Web Update includes: Name.space sends lawsuit against ICANN over new TLDs to Court of Appeals
* ICANN gTLDs: When Names Are Borrowed from an Atlas - CircleID
* Harvard.xxx a Brand Cautionary Tale as Web Adds New Names
* United States: ICANN Opens Trademark Clearing House
* Microsoft Doesn’t Like Google’s Dotless
* New local domains see breakthrough
* Who Really Runs the Internet?
* Trademarks at Risk - Law.com
and more! Follow along April 19, 2013
I don't know who has been following this issue, but it could affect everyone eventually. As web designers, we need to keep an eye on such issues and try to push society toward the logical resolutions. Robin Flynn sent in this article and it brings up to date with what's going on concerning AEREO. . . April 14, 2013
With the spector of a U.N. take over of the Internet in December, (Details) I decided to ask one of the creative professional groups on LinkedIN what they think about the situation. Sheesh. And I thought Facebook had all the ninnies! August 22, 2012
More and more graphic designers are adopting the iPad as their go-to, mobile device. Now, Beanheads Consulting has released Sort Shots -- an iPad Edition -- the first and only iPad app to utilize EXIF/Metadata keywords/tags with Apple iPhoto and Aperture. April 11, 2011
- 1 of 3