Every year we discover new history and new historic references surrounding Women's History Month. This time I dug into the heroines of the 2nd World War, particularly that image of the strong, iconic bicep-flexing Westinghouse poster image of "Rosie the Riveter"! You thought Norman Rockwell created her, but he didn't . . . and we've got lots more about that era in a very special video presentation to celebrate this year :: our 19th Annual Women's History Month edition! Please enjoy! March 1, 2014
iMovie, once a unique, easy interface for editing and producing movies has turned into a nightmare. Apple's over-stimulated developers have munged the concepts and interface until the program is all but unusable without a doctorate degree in media production. But Noteboom Productions has come to everyone's aid with Tutor for iMovie, their latest video tutorial. February 28, 2014
We round out January and launch into February with this Creative update ... here we go:
Search for Canada’s 150th logo stirs graphic design challenge Jessica is back ... this time : Starbucks! Teen starts home-based graphics business GRAND THEFT needs GRAND Typography Design Spec sometimes pays off . . . Deborah Sussman interview
... and more ! January 27, 2014
Here we go into 2014 our 24th year online and our 26th year publishing DTG Magazine. Creative inspiration is what jogs you off your stagnent creative block. See some of these and join us each week for another creative discovery tour ... here we go: Best of 2013: Top Tips, Insights, and Tricks Here's the typography daily blog 3D Type Sculptures + Animation Professionals vs. Amateurs The Design Federation Painting Supersized
... and more ! January 14, 2014
The creative inspiration quest continues and edition features two videos along with some extraordinary illustration and a conversation with a designer about the new iPhone interface ... here we go:
* PaperSpecs Reveals the Trials and Triumphs of Designing Print Projects
* Brobesity? 3-D Avatars Of The Average Joe Are A Hefty Dose Of Reality
* Several iOS 7 Design Choices Criticized By Experienced Designer
* Christoph Niemann: Illustrator, Graphic Designer
* Skinhead culture in graphic design
* Back to the drawing board
... and more ! October 28, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest moving toward November with some special insights into the creative spirit, and a visit to one of the most important studios of our time! Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Infographic: Just How Dangerous Is The Dye In Your Food?
* Smart people do smart things ... Jason Santa Maria
* Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design
* Can graphic design make feminism cool?
* Russia's Top 20 Designers Today
* Learn: Anatomy of a Typeface
... and more ! October 24, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest carry over into October, we're finding some great stuff to share. Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Cutting, carving, etching, gilding designs into glass
* Lights and Glamor mark this design studio's success
* A Design Studio Called Number 17, A Very Short List
* Virus Fonts express the spirit of the age . . .
* Barnbrook -- Studio 12 . . . spells "WOW"
* OMG it's Oliver Munday
... and more ! October 16, 2013
Too often marketers are flying by the seat of their pants when it comes to developing a content strategy. Unfortunately, the term content marketing has become an industry buzzword that everyone is talking about but few marketers truly understand. October 7, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest time again, but before we get into the dozens of items we have for the festival, we're still tracking creative learning in this edition . . .
* New initiative from Quadrant2Design, to cut the cost of graphic design to Zero
* How *Photoshop Brushes* Helps People Develop Their Graphic Design Skills
* 99Designs launches Swiftly: where a design change is $15 an hour
* Graphic design students win north american awards competition
* Design students create posters to tackle loan shark problem
* Minimal Sneaker Study | Jack Stocker’s Nike Exhibit
* Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
* Five Best Jobs for Those in Print Design
* Varun Nunkoo – Passion, dream and talent
* Summer shirts from Cuckoos Nest
... and more ! September 30, 2013
Apple's popular iPad and iPad mini tablets are incredibly useful tools for photographers on the go. Instead of hauling a laptop, you can tuck a lightweight iPad in your camera bag and take advantage of its large screen, third-party software apps, and online access to effectively complete and share your work away from the studio. September 27, 2013