We've told you about MacAppware and 128bit Technologies and their Premium Fonts packages before. Well, the 7.0 release of this truly extraordinary fonts collection has added all new Webfont versions -- but that's not all! They have also added a PDF sample book of all the font families so you can quickly reference the fonts you need for a specific project! With this epic collection, you won't need another font for a long time . . . maybe for ever! September 29, 2016
Sometimes we run across something really intriguing and we have to follow up on it -- we were told all about Luc Devroye's article on whether or not Adobe actually created the Cronos font! But there's more -- some nice freebies in this edition, and a young lady doing some remarkable art with type and letterforms! Have fun . . .
- Does Adobe steal fonts? How close are they?
- Posterama Sans Serif, Display with attitude!
- Charmante is a charming little font
- Trying fonts online ... again
- Type on the sidewalk
Moving on into the 4th surf, we'll visit some interesting locations and people. The people are what makes this job so special -- getting to meet people and see what's cookin' in the world of fonts and typography! Follow along . . .
- Nexa Rust font for natural looks - it's a Free Font
- Everybody needs a little Water in their fonts
- From Sea to Shining Sea Vintage Signs
- Jeboy! Script type with style!
- The lost art of Penmanship
Moving on into the 3rd surf for the month, we'll see some new stuff, a new Goudy -- a new Avant, and with the help of Steven Heller and Louise Fili we'll visit some historic fonts!
- Another Marguerite font? Yes, and this one's better!
- ITC Goudy Sans: the different sans serif typefaces
- Slab Serif Type: A Century of Bold Letterforms
- A new Sans in the Avant Garde tradition
- Simpleness Display Free Typeface
Close on the heels of the last fonts surf, we kick off #2 and this time we're concentrating on some very cool fonts you can download and use for free! We're trying to pick through the thousands of new fonts hitting the scene each year just to find a few we don't mind passing along to you!
- Kady puts slab serifs into Ansley Display
- Erial- free typeface by Kolcsár Sz. Zsolt
- Do you really hate marker type faces?
- Talisman Handcrafted Typeface
- Mom Font Family
It's that time of year again, and we're zooming toward the autumn and into the 22nd annual Fall Fonts Festival with lots more great typography inspiration, and many more free fonts for you to enjoy! Don't forget to send in your favorites!
- Layout and Typography in Legal Pleadings
- Typography for Lawyers
- Kinetic Typography
- Free Font - RUINA
- Cancer typography
Every year for 22 years we've held the fonts fest, and celebrated typography! In all those years, we've agreed that the most fonts is the best fonts, and this really happens to be one of the best fonts collections I've seen for so cheap. Seriously -- can you pass this up ? August 23, 2016
Jumping into June, we're on a roll for creative summer stuff that will perk your imagination and creative juices. Once again, we're into some good reading and some good idea starters. When you travel this summer, keep clicking that camera and seeing the design inspiration that is all around you! Send in your favorites to share in Creative Tidbits . . .
- In corporate design, humor can be your most powerful tool—or a total disaster
- Omahan says controversial license plate is based on his 2002 design
- York College students publish art books
- Scott Thorp: Designing the Future
Feels like we're rushing down-hill into spring, and with that comes all kinds of new summer and seasonal design for marketing. This issue has some thoughtful items moreso than just eye-candy. Don't forget -- if you have an item for Creative Tidbits, just send it along -- we'll get right back to you! For now, enjoy . . .
- Textile artist Kustaa Saski delivers a world of psychedelic dreamscapes
- Which is better: mobile app development or responsive web design
- Graphic design seniors turn ideas into beautiful realities
- Special birthday shirts fly off rack
- The Science of Font Selection
Don't you just love election years? With Facebook becoming the public bully-pulpit for Kooks, jerks, brains, hucksters, criminals and even legitimate politicians you can find more interesting takes on art ever -- some good, and some will be bad but they'll all be fun. And, along with that comes the traditional discussion of various logos. The web is now full of logo designers, in fact you can't hardly turn a page without hitting two or three! Anyway, this is my surf for creative stuff over the past couple of weeks and it's a trilogy. Watch for the other two parts next week!
- Students create logos for an upcoming international event
- Logo design: how to stop Twitter hating your new logo
- RI Artscape: Reading The Presidential Campaign Logos
- Iordanis Passas offers the Baston display font
- Six Foot Giraffe is where I keep my things.
- 6 (More) Tips to Get Past a Creative Block
- 1 of 11