Somebody posted their 'logo design trends for 2016' to a LinkedIN design group, so I decided to follow it. Much to my surprise, they talked about design techniques that have always been in use, and never go out of style. Needless to say, I was intriqued. Who really decides what the logo design trends for 2016 really are? I went on the quest. January 13, 2016
Rolling into a new year of Creative Tidbits, we're finding these great discoveries and enjoying the creative experience around every corner! Remember, we're always looking for your suggestions and tips for cool stuff. Enjoy this edition of Creative Tidbits January 5, 2016
Kicking off a brand new year -- 2016 -- with creative update number 201 ! I probably enjoy finding these great discoveries more than you do! There's a lot going on so, enjoy and remember : there's a creative experience around every corner! January 1, 2016
The old 'Spec Work' debacle raises its ugly head again -- I cannot understand why people don't learn. We're also looking at the Google logo, and Adobe lost fonts. Enjoy and don't forget to share your creative inspiration tidbits and discoveries
- Is Spec Work Evil? 12 Agency Execs Discuss the Unchecked Problem
- Create a Laser-Cut Mailer Using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- How Magazine Covers Have Changed Over the Past 100 Years
- Google's new logo: why a meh response is actually good
- Is this an infographic or worthless misdirection?
- Adobe Drops Fonts, Leaves Users Stranded
Here we are rolling into the holiday season, but you'll find that creative inspiration for the holidays can work all year long. We have a great line-up this month, which will be in three parts. Enjoy and don't forget to send in your creative inspiration tidbits and discoveries . . .
- 100 Cameras Were Given to the Homeless in London. Here’s What They Captured.
- Artist blends figurative and portraiture elements in works
- 4 Great Design Ideas for Your Association Newsletter
- Graphic Design Festival Scotland returns to Glasgow
- How to not be frightened of your camera
Well into the Fonts Festival, I thought we'd take a little break from fonts to cover some interesting items in other areas of the graphic design and creative fields. Those drone shots are awesomel, and just a little preaching will help your brand design a bit.
There's always lots to learn in the creative world, so follow along . . . September 15, 2015
There's a lot more to design than Photoshop or Illustrator. The sooner new designers discover it's not the software that makes the designer, they'll all be better off. That's why I really enjoyed seeing this week's topics!
- TheFutureByDesign: The future is function
- For Designers of all Kinds, NOT Adobe
- Beyno by Fabian Korn
Have a great time . . . August 25, 2015
This is a wonderful visit with Doyald Young, Logotype Designer -- this is required viewing for all designers and typographers, or anyone involved in the field of visual communications.
Please allow time to watch this all the way to the end. You'll be very glad you did. Unfortunately, Doyald Young passed away in 2011, one of the great typographers of our time.
We've also included a special link, and arranged a FREE TRIAL of the entire course for DTG readers!
Doyald Young, Logotype Designer August 11, 2015
All graphic designers -- whether you are freelance, have your own studio, or work for another agency -- should get acquainted with Logo Pop. This quick, accurate, easy program can take care of some of the light-weight jobs generating revenue, while freeing you up for the more important projects. Check it out ... the price is certainly right! July 18, 2015
This will be great fun -- looking at political logos, and a state logo, plus an opinionated artist, a promo for a nonprofit, and lots more to get your creative juices flowing. If you find some creative inspiration, send it along and share whith all our readers!
- Reading through the eyes of a dyslexic: New font simulates frustration
- New TN logo named 'Pork of the Year' by Beacon Center
- The 2016 U.S. presidential candidates' logos, ranked
- The Star Wars poster is ultimately a piece of shit
- Creative Ways to Promote Your Association
- Bikes become Art - Not a Paper House
Have a great time . . . July 14, 2015
- 1 of 6