Starting this month, McDonald’s restaurants in the United States will unveil new carry-out bags, fountain beverage cups and sandwich boxes. I don't know if this is a hallmark in graphic design, but looking at the history of McDonald's packaging and their urban positioning, it looks like a fun change. January 21, 2016
So, this is the issue where we look at the advertising trends predictions. I guess you may have already seen my 60-Seconds on Logo Design Trends, so you know how I feel about predicting trends. So let's see what the industry is up to now, and what you should be aware of if you're involved in any form of advertising
- Are Digital Media Budgets Meeting Industry Viewability Standards?
- Why Ad Tech Is the Worst Thing That Ever Happened to Advertising
- Marketers Predict Hottest Trends in Super Bowl 2016 Advertising
- 13 Media and Advertising ‘Trends’ in 2015 That Never Happened
- 10 Behavioral Trends Guiding Advertising In 2016
- RIP millennials: Marketing will be 'age agnostic'
- Are GIFs the future of advertising
- Digital media trends for 2016
We have been following this issue since last November -- and being one of the first sites to begin the cruisade against online advertising back in the 1990s, we're delighted it's finally getting some public notice. But the industry is fighting back. I posted this one yesterday on UGNN ... Forbes, ad blockers and malware … another warning! Just because they're a big name, doesn't mean they have scruples. Here's the rest of the news January 19, 2016
Seems ad blockers are a good thing, and it also seems ad blockers are a bad thing. The problem arises when the advertising broker is sleezy and greedy, and the publishers don't have time to pay attention to how they're getting screwed. And there ain't nobody getting rich (to coin an old phrase) except the advertising hoars. We wish them well, and only hope that they're not making your web page suck. December 18, 2015
The online world and its unsatiable hunger for money has broken all rules and enraged the online population to the point of mutany! The design community as well as old school internet purists said all along that you could tell your web page sucks if you have advertising. But the web industry just wouldn't listen. Now, it appears a huge push-back is coming and it will make the connected world a better place. November 23, 2015
There's a growing push-back for digital advertising ... while all the traditional forms are fully supported. You can do all kinds of futuristic marketing in print without ruffling a single feather. But if you send an advertising email, you're going to the spamcops! Let's see where we are . . . November 11, 2015
Here we are at the end of 2015 and it looks like mobile devices are taking over, but advertising is getting more and more difficult. Since the ad industry shot itself in the foot, I've been preaching and warning about this for over a decade. The advertising purveyence industry has a dirty secret: they're screwing the publishers AND the advertisers! But don't take my word for it . . .
- Video viewability is key to engagement, revenue opportunities
- Ad Injection: Yet Another Challenge for Online Advertising
- Is Facebook Becoming the Apple of Digital Ad Sales?
- Mobile Advertising Has A Measurement Problem
- Mobile To Dominate Digital Ad Spend In 2016
The title of today's Marketing Update just about covers it all! Like the good, the bad and the ugly, we've got the myths, the hacks and the sins! The big cheese is a piece on Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner that makes some pretty stiff statements. Are they true? You decide for yourself.
- 5 Content Marketing Hacks: A Cheat Sheet for Content Brainstorming
- Audience Research Needn’t Be Costly or Time Consuming
- Forget campaigns: Build your marketing stack
- How to Execute an SEO Content Marketing Plan
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Digital Marketing
- Making Personalized Email Marketing Easier
- 3 rebranding lessons from Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner
Last time we went on about marketing sources and action but today we're zeroing in on content marketing and then working with analytics and looking at the real target of the marketing. Hang in there, it looks like it's going to be a busy summer!
- Pitfalls and Profits of Using Rented Lists: The Devil is in the Details
- Measuring The True Value Of Audience Engagement Across Digital Media
- 3 Tips to Maximize the Synergy of Social Media and Content Marketing
- How analytics provide a dose of logic to your marketing decisions
- How to Approach Digital Marketing in 2015
- How Millennials Consume the News
Most graphic design projects are singular and session based. However, once you evolve into projects that require many sub-contractors, or venders to praticipat, and multiple creative resources, you can quickly get behind the 8-ball and lose a pile of money. The one thing that will keep your profits in tact is careful planning and billing. We used to do this on a chalkboard -- but now you can do it digitally . . . . May 29, 2015
- 1 of 17