Fans of Eleven17 Technology Ltd.'s no-cost iPhone and iPad app SnapBooth - which is being hailed as a unique "personal photo booth" - can now head to the App Store and download the latest version 3.0, which features several major improvements that have made an already exceptional app even more functional and fun. April 27, 2015
Convert RAW digital photos (and JPEG and TIFFs, too!) into beautiful images with SILKYPIX Developer Studio and SILKYPIX Developer Studio Pro6.The SILKYPIX products are powerful image correction and RAW conversion tools for both professional and hobbyist photographers on the Mac OS X and Windows platforms. April 26, 2015
We've been waiting for this . . . a pocket-sized device allows you to instantly print your photos from today’s most popular smartphones and tablets ... and it's very cool! Who thought of it? Polaroid, of course, the first and only people to invent instant printing. Print and share images anywhere, using your modern mobile device and the Polaroid Zip Instant Photoprinter . . . and I'll bet you're going to want one! April 22, 2015
The spring represents some special interests for graphic designers -- end of school, beginning of the summer buy and travel wave. Here are some starters to get your creative juices flowing :
- Pentagram's New School Rebrand: Best Thing Ever Or Unbearable Monstrosity?
- Perfect archives for collage artists, designers and collectors
- "Happy Town" by Katsumi Tamura wins Golden A' Design Award
- New Photography Acquisitions at Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- TypeTalk: How Good Typography Can Help Your Job Search
- UVU arts grads present final projects showcase
- Vordik Designer Spotlight: Damian Watracz
- Exhibit shows art of design legend
- Putting a typeface to the name
- ... and more !
This week's surf was a lot of fun. We got Kraft of craft and Murphy's law! We met designers who make movies and veteran skateboarding designers! So when we say "Roll" with the 20th Annual Designing Women edition -- that could be very literal :
- Verena Michelitsch : New Twist, Old design problems
- Murphy's Law : if it can be fabulous, Kelly does it
- Martina : an eye for color, shape, style and space
- Eugenia Loli motion in collage... and film
- Nomoco : watercolor magician
- The true craft of Kraft
- Hire a Skate Mom!
- and more to come!
Here we go with field trip #3 and we're stopping in on two of our favorites from years past ... kicking off with Laura Smith (ten years later) and more in the 20th Annual Designing Women edition!
- You need this : Design and User Experience
- Laura Moretti Communicazione Visiva Design
- Maria Papaefstathiou . . . It's Just M (-:
- Laura Smith : Classic Illustration
- Daniela Uhlig is Tank Girl
- Janet is the real deal
- Alessandra Scandella
- and more to come!
The FreePrints mobile app from PhotoAffections now supports Apple Pay(TM) and is available for download at the App Store. Designed to work seamlessly with iOS 8, the newly updated FreePrints app also takes advantage of the enhanced camera features in the new iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2. March 16, 2015
Where does creative inspiration come from? It can appear when you least expect it -- or you can go looking for it, which is what we do! Follow along with our next quest for people doing creative stuff that will inspire us!
- New Cleveland Browns Logo 'Uninspired, Boring': A Graphic Designer's Take
- Graphic designer, eh? More or less creatively satisfying
- Sewickley painter turns hobby into successful career
- UCF exhibit illustrates art's healing power
- No One Takes Graphic Designers Seriously
- Grab a set of SIX great wood textures
- ... and more on the way!
Okay, we've found some more for "Women's History Month"! Actually, some of these were sent in by readers, and we have several more to bring ing. Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf part TWO :
- Marie Assénat : How much fun can you have?
- Jessica Svendsen : real graphic design
- Leta takes a unique point of view
- Felicita Sala Italian playfulness
- Nicole Miller-Wong
- Amanda Jane Jones
- and more to come!
March is "Women's History Month" and each year for the past twenty years, we've celebrated with a guided tour of some of the best designing women we could find in the world. Some of these were actually sent in by readers, others were discovered online by staff. . Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf 1 :
- UN Women ad series reveals widespread sexism
- Hallie McGee ~ Designer + Creative
- How the Media Failed Women in 2013
- Nicoz Balboa: Magical Mystery Wood
- Anita Wasik : Divine Vision
- Liz Clements : the fine pen
- Three Designing Women
- Luci Gutiérrez
- Ena Cardenal
- ... and more to come!