Apple's popular iPad and iPad mini tablets are incredibly useful tools for photographers on the go. Instead of hauling a laptop, you can tuck a lightweight iPad in your camera bag and take advantage of its large screen, third-party software apps, and online access to effectively complete and share your work away from the studio. September 27, 2013
We're back, catching up on unfinished business from our last Retouching post several weeks ago. We promised some good HDR and Retouching techniques -- so here they are, even one from Mr. Photoshop himself, Colin Smith . . .
* Using the HDR Feature in Photoshop CS2/CS3
* How to Create Professional HDR Images
* Infrared Photo Effect in Photoshop
* What is HDR and why do we need it?
* Results Using Layers in Photoshop
* Exposure blending tutorial
... and MORE September 24, 2013
Fans of VicMan's acclaimed no-cost iPhone and iPad photo editor Pho.to Lab can now head to the App Store and download the latest version August 27, 2013
Here's a new app that showcases a collection of breathtaking images captured by famed photographer Steve McCurry. Supporting the iPads retina display, Portraits by Steve McCurry is available now in the App Store at no-cost. August 25, 2013
How many have asked for this feature ???? I don't remember, but now PhotoBulk makes it easy to add text/image watermark, resize, and optimize hundreds and thousands of images in just a couple of clicks. August 22, 2013
iDraw is a powerful Mac graphic design and illustration application that features the unique ability to import layered Adobe Photoshop PSD files, preserving vector paths and layer style effects as editable objects. This light weight, heavy duty app is really worth a look August 20, 2013
Create extraordinary, unique and unforgettable visuals! tap2focus 1.0 from Caal Studio turns the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch into a light field camera, which lets users take amazing refocusable photos that can be interacted with. August 19, 2013
It's back to (Design) School time again, and we're touching on hundreds of different learning opportunities this month, so hang on to your hats and follow along . . .
* Learning lessons of design and delivering the message
* Lots and lots of portraits on DeviantArt.com . . .
* Portfolio Help from Adobe CS6
* If Facebook Had Designers
* How to learn Photoshop
* A-Z of Unusual Words
... and more ! August 1, 2013
Little toes, pursed lips, and tiny hands -- newborn photography is a rapidly growing market and professional photographers are eager to jump in. To work with and pose a 5- to 10-day-old infant demands special skills, keeping the child safe and the new parents comfortable, while capturing the subject’s raw and natural beauty. July 29, 2013
We're rolling into the school season with Back to Design School, here are some great inspirations and idea starters to get you moving to September . . .
* Meet The Duo Behind The Graphic Design Wizardry Of "Harry Potter”
* The Next Closest Thing to HOW Design Live
* The first issue of Container 'magazine'
* Talent Spotters: UCLan Graphic Design
* New - Xara Page & Layout Designer
* Jamie wins top national award
... and more ! July 25, 2013