Tiffen Photo fx version 5.03 and Tiffen Photo fx Ultra version 5.02 are now compatible with and fully optimized for Apple iOS 7 -- Tiffen Photo fx Ultra recently won the "Best Mobile Photo App of 2013" award from the prestigious Technical Image Press Association (TIPA) November 18, 2013
We read a thread on Chuck Green's Facebook page and becamse so interested in this controversy, we snooped around on the web to see any of the thosands of Photoshop Tutorials took a side. Should we colorize historic black and white images? Well they all seemed to be gung-ho to colorize, with little or no mention of ethics. Even the Civil War web site is full steam ahead . . . and it just about drives you mad . . .
* Colorizing the Migrant Woman using GIMP
* Extensive Black/White Colorization Tutorial
* Colorization Tutorial - How to colorize B/W or vintage photographs
* 60 Second Elements: Splashes of Color in Black and White Photos
* Highlight Color Effect in Lightroom – 5 Easy Steps
* Colorizing Black-And-White Photos
* Reddit Colorization
... and MORE November 12, 2013
We're simply going mad trying to separate the good from the junk Photoshop stuff... and we've found some more good ones to pass along . . .
Kowing this is the season for shooting landscapes, and autum portraits it's a good time to brush up on some deeper, more advanced techniques. We've got several very good onew from college-level doctors, and another from Mr. Photoshop himself, Colin Smith . . . END THE MADNESS ...
* Photoshop Masking Tutorial — Using Masks To Improve Landscape Images
* How to Make Digital Photos Look like Lomo Photography
* Enhance Your Image with Selective Color Adjustments
* Improve Your Landscape Photographs Using Photoshop
* Color Correction Using Levels and Eyedroppers
* Vignetting : the good, the bad and the ugly
* Giving Your Photos A Glow
* Your photos, 300-style!
... and MORE October 30, 2013
The creative inspiration quest continues and edition features two videos along with some extraordinary illustration and a conversation with a designer about the new iPhone interface ... here we go:
* PaperSpecs Reveals the Trials and Triumphs of Designing Print Projects
* Brobesity? 3-D Avatars Of The Average Joe Are A Hefty Dose Of Reality
* Several iOS 7 Design Choices Criticized By Experienced Designer
* Christoph Niemann: Illustrator, Graphic Designer
* Skinhead culture in graphic design
* Back to the drawing board
... and more ! October 28, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest moving toward November with some special insights into the creative spirit, and a visit to one of the most important studios of our time! Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Infographic: Just How Dangerous Is The Dye In Your Food?
* Smart people do smart things ... Jason Santa Maria
* Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design
* Can graphic design make feminism cool?
* Russia's Top 20 Designers Today
* Learn: Anatomy of a Typeface
... and more ! October 24, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest carry over into October, we're finding some great stuff to share. Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Cutting, carving, etching, gilding designs into glass
* Lights and Glamor mark this design studio's success
* A Design Studio Called Number 17, A Very Short List
* Virus Fonts express the spirit of the age . . .
* Barnbrook -- Studio 12 . . . spells "WOW"
* OMG it's Oliver Munday
... and more ! October 16, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest time again, but before we get into the dozens of items we have for the festival, we're still tracking creative learning in this edition . . .
* New initiative from Quadrant2Design, to cut the cost of graphic design to Zero
* How *Photoshop Brushes* Helps People Develop Their Graphic Design Skills
* 99Designs launches Swiftly: where a design change is $15 an hour
* Graphic design students win north american awards competition
* Design students create posters to tackle loan shark problem
* Minimal Sneaker Study | Jack Stocker’s Nike Exhibit
* Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
* Five Best Jobs for Those in Print Design
* Varun Nunkoo – Passion, dream and talent
* Summer shirts from Cuckoos Nest
... and more ! September 30, 2013
We're seeing more people take photos using their iPads because it's their most handy camera, but can you really get a good shot? Of course! Photo expert Jeff Carlson shares techniques for snapping sharper photos, handling exposure, and capturing HDR images. Enjoy this free chapter from Jeff's book! September 27, 2013
Apple's popular iPad and iPad mini tablets are incredibly useful tools for photographers on the go. Instead of hauling a laptop, you can tuck a lightweight iPad in your camera bag and take advantage of its large screen, third-party software apps, and online access to effectively complete and share your work away from the studio. September 27, 2013
We're back, catching up on unfinished business from our last Retouching post several weeks ago. We promised some good HDR and Retouching techniques -- so here they are, even one from Mr. Photoshop himself, Colin Smith . . .
* Using the HDR Feature in Photoshop CS2/CS3
* How to Create Professional HDR Images
* Infrared Photo Effect in Photoshop
* What is HDR and why do we need it?
* Results Using Layers in Photoshop
* Exposure blending tutorial
... and MORE September 24, 2013