Tom McCracken of NewEvolution has sent in this tutorial that shows you how to create a complicated pattern in Photoshop CC 14.2. This is a tutorial that focuses on Rectangle Tool, Move Tool, Rectangular Marquee Tool, creating patterns, tiling patterns and adding texture. April 15, 2015
Mister Retro, a developer of Photoshop plug-in and vector image collections, has a totally cool new Photoshop plug-in called Permanent Press 2! Now you can create stunning and authentic vintage offset, silkscreen and letterpress printing effects. March 9, 2015
Thirty years later, there's still an obsession with blurring the lines between man and machine. Here is a walk through 25 illustrations where the artist visualizes a merger of human and machine ... or machines that immitate humans, or humans which have been modified with machine parts . . . very often called cyborgs, or Borgs. Enjoy February 2, 2015
Yes, Valentine! I know it's early, but it's not too early to think about your February promotions -- and Valentine's is a great theme to jolt your clients out of their winter doldrums. Here, we've found ten great finds for the Valentines season. * Valentine Hearts shapes * 3D Valentine's Day Typography * Age Progression tutorial * colorful background for Valentine's Day * Basic editing tutorial in Adobe Photoshop * Valentine's day post card * colorizing hair * smoothing skin... and more! Enjoy. January 17, 2015
We've had a thousand requests to solve this problem ... until now, there just wasn't an easy way beyond contorted Photoshop actions. But Monochrome seems to make grayscale conversions easy and painless January 7, 2015
2014 was a great year for Photo Apps, and we're predicting that 2015 will be better yet. By all means, please send us your reviews or favorites so we can share as well and have fun testing these:
- Magic Hour Lite - Camera & Unlimited Filter
- Social Network for Amateur Photographers
- Hyperlapse from Instagram
- Repost for Instagram
- Camera360 Ultimate
- Photo Reflection
- and MORE ...
Here we go . . . the LAST Creative Tidbits column for 2014. Say goodbye to the year, and get yourself ready to ramp up in January. A lot happened in the year, and you can go back and find more than twenty Creative columns in 2014. Have fun earning from these:
- The New Pantone 'Color of the Year' for 2015 is Pantone 18-1438 Marsala
- A New Book Examines the History of Graphic Design in California
- Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
- interview with illustrator and designer jean jullien
- Artists launch street sculpture exhibit program
- Brewing up a new identity for Coffee Officina
- Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
- Buy A Logo - 10 Tips For Better Design
- Ten Questions for: Fernando Gutiérrez
- ... and more!
We never seem to slow down, but in many situations the creative spirit needs 'rest' -- so sit down and take it easy while you go through this week's creative tidbits. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Looking at the artwork of the Criterion Collection
- The Colorful History of California Graphic Design
- Design App is Apple's App of the Year runner-up
- A Photo Exhibit That Examines Climate Change
- Inside the Cinelli and Columbus factories
- How big data is revolutionizing design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Graphic Design
- How To Design A Killer Gig Poster
- Why Aren’t You Creative?
- ... and more! December 10, 2014
Getting ready to wrap up the year opens the slow season. However creativity for designers, illustrators, painters, photographers, typographers and anyone involved in the creative processes, or visual communications will not slow down. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Polk State Was a Beginning, and Without It, I Wouldn’t Be Where I am Today
- 5 Easy Ways To Create A Brilliant Background For Your LinkedIn Profile
- This Graphic Translates Web Design Feedback into Plain English
- LEGO BRICK: pinhole camera snaps tiny thumbnail-sized 'photos'
- I am the Jackie Robinson of Hip Hop Graphic Design!
- How optical illusions trick your brain
- Art Department Faculty Work Featured at the Kellogg Gallery
- Cincinnati Design Awards honors wide range of local projects
- ... and more!