During the first quarter marketing cooled off as weather tortured most parts of the U.S. The hints of spring are coming, and with them comes a steep increase in marketing activities. We'll keep this marketing update brief, there's another one due next week! March 11, 2015
Here comes 2015 -- is your strategy in high gear? Here are some serious articles I've earmarked for this issue. Hopefully you're on your way into 2015 with some new energy. Get your PR hat on, and your Graphics tablet going and you'll do a great job!
- Your guide to using images in your content marketing strategy
- Publishers vs. LinkedIn: The Next Heavyweight Fight?
- What exactly is 'dynamic creative optimization?'
- Your Content: Lock It Up or Set It Free?
- The new age of public relations
- Every marketer is a publisher
- ... and more
Now turn your marketing powers toward the slow winter season, and hopefully, an exciting spring rebirth. First, however, take care of the lingering marketing activities and firm up your 2015 strategy!
- Four Ways Service Companies Can Convert More Customers via Email
- How many marketing bases can you realistically cover at 1 time?
- 2 critical but often overlooked email marketing metrics
- 4 reasons why you should combine SEO, PR strategies
- PR insider: More fans than plans
- ... and more
Okay, you've made it through another year of marketing, and the high-traffic marketing season is just about over. If you've missed your mark, there's no use on trying to regain lost action -- just get started on the next season!
- How much of your marketing strategy do you dedicate to content amplification?
- Content’s Growing Role In The Integrated Marketing Communications Plan
- Three Good Reasons Why Google Authorship Still Matters
- The Dark Side of Content Marketing [Infographic]
- Lon Safko asks : Is Your Email List Dirty?
- ... and more
Are your clients screaming for better marketing graphics? Do you think they know what effective graphics are? As the world of marketing gets more complicated, graphic designers need to keep right on top of every crook in the road ... literally
- Why Doing Pro Bono Work is Good for Your Agency and How to Find the Right Match
- Infographic : How Big Businesses Use Colors to Affect Your Emotions
- Create Compelling Marketing Videos That Educate and Entertain
- In the Content Marketing Kingdom, Third-Party Experts Rule
- A Seven-Item Checklist for Measurable Marketing
- Eight Ways to Rock Your Media Marketing
- 2014 - Mid-Year Rankings: US Top Buzz
- ... and more
Here we are in September, the opening of the biggest marketing season of the year, and if you haven't done your homework, then you're in trouble! You should already be working on your Valentine's promotions!
[*] Here's Why Facebook's New Ad Network Accelerates a Trend That's Transforming PR
[*] Which Marketing Channel Gives You the Most Bang for Your Click?
[*] Learn Why Direct Mail Is A Smart Choice For Any Business
[*] Fix These 5 Email Marketing Missteps Right Now
[*] Don't maintain your reputation; build it
[*] Marketing with postcards -- Parts 1 and 2
... and more September 2, 2014
Effective marketing comes in many different shrouds ... from content to comments, beware what you say, where you say it and who you say it to! It's all about trust and skills. Follow along as we dig deeper into end of summer marketing :
[*] Make Hidden Persuaders Work for You: Aroma, Music, Color, Font
[*] The 5 pillars of effective content marketing etiquette
[*] 5 Marketing Skills That Digital Journalists Will Need
[*] Google Goes All in on Mobile Apps With AdWords Updates
[*] Do Americans Trust Advertisements? by Ayaz Nanji
[*] How To Choose The Right Medium For Your Message
... and more August 26, 2014
We're almost through the summer "dog dazze" and now ramping up for the biggest marketing quarter for the year, pay attention :
[*] 6 strategies to assess if a bold new idea is worth the risk
[*] Priceline Seeks Results From Facebook as Google Wins Ads
[*] Media relations techniques that don't involve pitching
[*] 5 ways to build brand awareness through content
[*] 5 Little-known YouTube Features for Marketers
[*] Metrics That Matter
... and more August 19, 2014
Now we're on the marketing path to summer, travel, vacations and guess what: back to school! Most marketers are looking at least 6-months to a year ahead. Some, are looking a year or more ahead. Let's take a look at this week's marketing update :
[*] Lights, Camera, Action: 9 Tips for Creating a Compelling Online Video
[*] Proper and Improper Use of QR Codes: 10 Great Examples of Each
[*] The 5 most important elements of your association's brand
[*] Don’t learn email etiquette the hard way - Suzanne Mason
[*] 5 Tips for Working KPIs Into Your Measurement Strategy
[*] Facebook is Throttling Marketers for Their Own Good
[*] You and the Buzzword de Jour: Content Marketing
[*] Creating visual content for social marketing
... and more May 7, 2014
Ramping up for May and Mother's Day -- a huge opportunity to lock in client loyalty! Don't forget to send in your Mother's Day promos! Let's take a look at this week's marketing update :
[*] Take Advantage of the Biggest Mobile Trends in 2014 to Engage Your Audience
[*] Understand How Buyers Buy: Marketing With the 'Buying Center' Concept
[*] Facebook pulls the rug on business: We will return the favor soon
[*] How to target communications to conference attendees
[*] Eight Secrets of Success With LinkedIn PPC Ads
[*] RFP for Ad Sales? Not Necessarily a Good Idea
[*] Making Sense of Data: What Marketers Can Do
[*] The 16 best lines in marketing
and more! April 29, 2014