Our friends out at 123rf.com have sent this tutorial to brighten your brushes collection -- and they even send along links to the suggested files. We all know that understanding how to make your own brushes can really come in handy. After all, many times, you could use a good brush when working in Photoshop August 24, 2015
An appreciation of art is one of the foundation requirements for all visual communicators. Now, the Art Authority for iPad is the only iPad Reference app to be named to both of Apple's Rewind "best of" lists. It brings over 75,000 high-resolution classic works of art to your fingertips. May 23, 2015
Year five of the 'Art Authority' Summer Intern Program is here for students majoring in art and art history. This is the perfect opportunity to expand your visual vocabulary for future design innovation. Check it out! May 11, 2015
Here we go . . . the LAST Creative Tidbits column for 2014. Say goodbye to the year, and get yourself ready to ramp up in January. A lot happened in the year, and you can go back and find more than twenty Creative columns in 2014. Have fun earning from these:
- The New Pantone 'Color of the Year' for 2015 is Pantone 18-1438 Marsala
- A New Book Examines the History of Graphic Design in California
- Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
- interview with illustrator and designer jean jullien
- Artists launch street sculpture exhibit program
- Brewing up a new identity for Coffee Officina
- Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
- Buy A Logo - 10 Tips For Better Design
- Ten Questions for: Fernando Gutiérrez
- ... and more!
We never seem to slow down, but in many situations the creative spirit needs 'rest' -- so sit down and take it easy while you go through this week's creative tidbits. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Looking at the artwork of the Criterion Collection
- The Colorful History of California Graphic Design
- Design App is Apple's App of the Year runner-up
- A Photo Exhibit That Examines Climate Change
- Inside the Cinelli and Columbus factories
- How big data is revolutionizing design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Graphic Design
- How To Design A Killer Gig Poster
- Why Aren’t You Creative?
- ... and more! December 10, 2014
Getting ready to wrap up the year opens the slow season. However creativity for designers, illustrators, painters, photographers, typographers and anyone involved in the creative processes, or visual communications will not slow down. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Polk State Was a Beginning, and Without It, I Wouldn’t Be Where I am Today
- 5 Easy Ways To Create A Brilliant Background For Your LinkedIn Profile
- This Graphic Translates Web Design Feedback into Plain English
- LEGO BRICK: pinhole camera snaps tiny thumbnail-sized 'photos'
- I am the Jackie Robinson of Hip Hop Graphic Design!
- How optical illusions trick your brain
- Art Department Faculty Work Featured at the Kellogg Gallery
- Cincinnati Design Awards honors wide range of local projects
- ... and more!
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #12 ~ December
- Greetings and welcome to December and the Holidays!
- 25 awesome examples of fantasy illustration from The Golden Age of Illustration
- Photoshop Madness : in the holiday spirit from dimwits to families to snow globes and others
- 429 Professional Photoshop Styles - never make styles from scratch again!
- Are you being held hostage by Adobe? InDesign? No more!
- Candy Canes, Bells, Ribbons, and Santa : Adobe Illustrator vector files for the Holidays!
- 60-Seconds #317 : Goodbye SpamCop
- Typography : many styles and combinations make this a true vintage collection!
- Typography : Adorn your designs with borders, banners and catchwords collection!
- Counting on your support
- A Quarter Century online ... and more December 1, 2014
- Paul McCartney and Nick Cave contribute hand drawn artwork for Alzheimer's Society
- $50 Discount to HOW Design Live Conference in Chicago, May 2015
- The 5 most common design mistakes in digital signage
- What deserves Cincy’s ‘Razzies’ of design?
- Translating print skills to Web design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Logo Design
- ... and more!
2015 is upon us and it's a good idea to start thinking about our creative strategies for the coming year. I am on all kinds of feeds that bring in all kinds of creative info and inspiration. It's what my Creative Updates is all about:
Art exhibit, 'Hometown Heroes,' is free and open to the public at Silver Lake College
New Metropolitan West Space Debuts With Versace Event And WorldStage Installation
Disney Fan Turns Himself into Big Hero 6's Hiro Hamada with 3D Printed Costume
Alice Babidge reinterprets a midcentury classic for Cult's ‘Chairity' Project
Student Wins Best in Show, Is Finalist in National Graphic Design Competition
The Human Printer: Making digital-quality images with nothing but marker pens
Enterprising eighth-grader launches his own publishing press
How Detroit artist Ed Fella made his mark in graphic design
Google's Quest to Write the Rulebook for Interactive Design
Designing the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition
Paper Cut-Out Typographies Inspired by Polish Architecture
Why I Will Never Hire An Art School Graduate
Textured Art: Local artist Dinett Hok ... and more! November 19, 2014
- 1 of 13