Too often marketers are flying by the seat of their pants when it comes to developing a content strategy. Unfortunately, the term content marketing has become an industry buzzword that everyone is talking about but few marketers truly understand. October 7, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest time again, but before we get into the dozens of items we have for the festival, we're still tracking creative learning in this edition . . .
* New initiative from Quadrant2Design, to cut the cost of graphic design to Zero
* How *Photoshop Brushes* Helps People Develop Their Graphic Design Skills
* 99Designs launches Swiftly: where a design change is $15 an hour
* Graphic design students win north american awards competition
* Design students create posters to tackle loan shark problem
* Minimal Sneaker Study | Jack Stocker’s Nike Exhibit
* Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
* Five Best Jobs for Those in Print Design
* Varun Nunkoo – Passion, dream and talent
* Summer shirts from Cuckoos Nest
... and more ! September 30, 2013
Apple's popular iPad and iPad mini tablets are incredibly useful tools for photographers on the go. Instead of hauling a laptop, you can tuck a lightweight iPad in your camera bag and take advantage of its large screen, third-party software apps, and online access to effectively complete and share your work away from the studio. September 27, 2013
It's back to (Design) School time again, and we're touching on hundreds of different learning opportunities this month, so hang on to your hats and follow along . . .
* Learning lessons of design and delivering the message
* Lots and lots of portraits on DeviantArt.com . . .
* Portfolio Help from Adobe CS6
* If Facebook Had Designers
* How to learn Photoshop
* A-Z of Unusual Words
... and more ! August 1, 2013
Okay, you saw our previous post taking a surf tour of Tequila labels, right. Well, this time we're looking at beer bottle labels and how they can be a source of graphic design inspiration. Enjoy! July 31, 2013
Little toes, pursed lips, and tiny hands -- newborn photography is a rapidly growing market and professional photographers are eager to jump in. To work with and pose a 5- to 10-day-old infant demands special skills, keeping the child safe and the new parents comfortable, while capturing the subject’s raw and natural beauty. July 29, 2013
Each year I like to do a round-up of the design books we've reviewed -- but this year is different. There have been so few published I'm including several from previous years. While the digital book, ebook and Kindle books have become hugely popular -- when it comes to learning graphic design, printed books still have the most power for learning. Buy any (all) of these, and you'll automatically know more than most other designers in your market. July 29, 2013
We're rolling into the school season with Back to Design School, here are some great inspirations and idea starters to get you moving to September . . .
* Meet The Duo Behind The Graphic Design Wizardry Of "Harry Potter”
* The Next Closest Thing to HOW Design Live
* The first issue of Container 'magazine'
* Talent Spotters: UCLan Graphic Design
* New - Xara Page & Layout Designer
* Jamie wins top national award
... and more ! July 25, 2013
Hope you've had a great summer, as many of us continue back into the school season, here are some great inspirations and idea starters for August . . .
* Stefan Sagmeister’s The Happy Show Is at the Chicago Cultural Center
* 'Revel on the Block' promotes creativity, community and local business
* Students Recognized by 'Design for Good' Project
* Winners of SEGD Global Design Awards 2013
* Trust me, you’re not a graphic designer
* Contemporary Arts Museum gets graphic
... and more ! July 19, 2013
June and July are brought to you by the letter J, so here, we've found some Jays for you. Along with that we continue the creative quest for cool stuff. Enjoy
* June and July are brought to you by the letter J
* Big JAY Alphabet art . . . personalized prints
* Jays poster for JULY
* Pen Tool Cheat Sheet, techniques : 'Zen of the Pen'
* Extraordinary Pen Tool Work :: Marcus Vinicius
* Talent Spotters: Lincoln School of Art & Design
* Design Studio course explores social issue
. . . and more! July 2, 2013