Teach yourself how to build rich Internet applications with Silverlight 4 -- one step at a time -- with "Microsoft Silverlight 4 Step by Step". With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you'll learn how to create interactive user interfaces for the Web and the newest version of Windows Phone by mastering the essential tools and techniques for Silverlight.
Microsoft evangelist Laurence Moroney and author says
The web continues to explode in growth but rich user experience, while as important as ever, is rarely achieved ... Silverlight 4 not only makes this possible, it makes it easy. It's the best technology to build rich internet, desktop or phone applications and I wanted to make it really accessible by providing a step-by-step learning experience to show how quickly Silverlight 4 can meet these broad set of scenarios.
With "Microsoft Silverlight 4 Step by Step," you will:
- Install the tools you need and build your first Silverlight application
- Get up to speed on Silverlight 4 features, including out-of-browser support, webcam, and microphone
- Develop Web applications with Silverlight that work across browsers and devices
- Engage users with animation, video, layout, vector graphics, and 3D effects
- Learn how to build and deploy simple applications for Windows Phone 7
- Create Windows Phone features such as Input Scope, Orientation, and the Application Bar
Your online learning resources include:
- Practice exercises
- Code samples
- Fully searchable ebook
Microsoft Silverlight 4 Step by Step
Laurence Moroney is a Senior Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, focusing on Silverlight and the user experience. He has more than a decade of experience in software development and implementation, and has written dozens of books and articles on Windows Presentation Foundation, Web development, security, and interoperability.