This new book from FT Press reveals how to plan and execute a breakthrough Web 3.0 marketing campaign. Both consumers and businesses have shifted the way they purchase products and services, but more importantly, they have shifted the way they research and find these products and services both online and off.
While marketers cling to the familiar online resources the next wave - Web 3.0 - has swept past, and left them high and dry. Michael Tasner, president Taz Solutions Inc. offers up the solution in Marketing in the Moment: The Practical Guide to Using Web 3.0 Marketing To Reach Your Customers First. This book serves as a complete, practical, no-fluff desk reference to next generation online and mobile marketing. For example:
How many are you familiar with in each group?
Group 1: Facebook, Wikipedia, Blogger, YouTube, PRWeb, Squidoo, Typepad, Myspace, Scribd
Group 2: Twitter, Plurk, UStream, Joost, Tumblr, iGoogle, OpenID, Salesforce, Funsites
The majority of marketers recognize many more in the first group than in the second. The purpose of the exercise is to demonstrate the different trends that are already taking place and the new companies that are shaping the future of the Web, a.k.a. Web 3.0.
Companies of all sizes can learn to successfully utilize the web, mobile marketing, and social media. Tasner helps marketers, entrepreneurs and managers move beyond hype and high-level strategy to proven tactics and successful ground-level execution. He distills all of today's new options into the key trends that offer the greatest opportunities for today's marketers. Each chapter lists an explanation of the topic, the opportunities, specific methods to implement, a case study, to-do list, as well as tips for success.
Inside Marketing in the Moment:
- The Mindset Shift: From Web 2.0 to Web 3.0
- Content Marketing: Understanding and Capitalizing on the Drastic Shift Taking Place
- Mobile Marketing: Tapping into Billions of Cell-Phone Users
- Virtual Reality Worlds: The Hows and Whys to This Unique Marketing Universe
- Video Marketing: Taking Video to the Next Level
- Web Applications: How to Effectively Use Apps in Your Marketing
- Open-Source Code: How to Find and Use Others' Hard Work for Maximum Impact
- Collaboration: Connecting and Sharing Data at Lightning-Speed Paces
- Your Action Plan: Putting it all Together and Taking Action
Tasner shows how to utilize Web 3.0 approaches to:
- Increase business leads, traffic, sales
- Discover new niche markets while growing in existing markets
- Learn the steps to prioritize online marketing for maximum impact
- Use social networking to build your brand while finding new customers