Creative Latitude founder Catherine claims the idea started as a way for a couple of designers to get better visibility for their sites. But when you pitch an idea with Catherine, you'd better watch out. If she likes it, you're off and running. Through more discussions in the About.com forum, the concept began to evolve. The rest is history.
Creative Latitude is about promotion and education. The site and its impressive array of contributors is positioned to find ways to educate people about the creative process and what it offers the business world. For those imaginative souls who are called 'creatives', the site provides a bit of promotion and networking with the like-minded.
Creative Latitude is completely volunteer-based and is managed by Catherine along with Neil Tortorella of North Canton, Ohio, USA, and Nigel Gordijk of Brighton, England. Together they've managed to attract some of the biggest guns in the graphic design and marketing fields.
Other favorites include:
- Color Experience -- a superb piece on color by Kathy Lamancusa
- Nailing That Next Big Interview for all those looking for a design position -- by Chris Gee
- Using Postcards to Promote Your Design Studio by Martha Retallick
- How to Choose a Graphic Design Firm by Derald Schultz
- Emotional Reactions to Color by Kathy Lamancusa
- and even Ilise Benun's own Mercifully Short Marketing Tips
When you visit Creative Latitude, you can expect to schmooze with any of over 100 members (lovingly referred to as Latitudians,) from all over the world in such disciplines as Creative development & Consultation, Illustration, Multi-media advertsing, Project Management, Graphic Design & Art Direction, Interactive design & Production, Print Management, Writing, Photography, Marketing consultation, and Production services for print and new media, Television and Radio advertising. It spans the globe with members from India, Greece, Italy, Puerto Rico, Canada, Iceland, the United Kingdom, and U.S.A.
We're proud to welcome this exciting new resource into the Creative Networking department of the Design Center
Visit: Creative Latitude
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBSCRIBE: to the Web Design & Review email list
- READ Our Writer's Guidelines: before sending articles
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- SUBMIT: a link to a Photoshop web site
- Trademarks & Legal